Cracked head on L2202DT

lillianrock

Equipment
L2202DT tractor
Nov 9, 2010
Nimbin, NSW, Australia
Hi
I overheated my L2202DT the other day and noticed water in the exhaust manifold. I took the head off hoping I'd just blown a gasket but it turns out that it is cracked around the valve seat on the middle pot. That'll teach me to keep an eye on the radiator screen and the temp guage.

The problem is that I've been quoted between $1500 and $1800 for a replacement.

Does anyone know of a source that may be cheaper here in Australia. I found one in Canada at $895 + $150 shipping which puts me way ahead of Australian pricing but I'd like not to have to wait.

luke the spook

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 10, 2010
brisbane , australia
hey rock,
you could try dave at JTI (james tractors and implements) 6 henzell st caboolture qld 4515 (07) 54991558. knows his stuff and would suply you with head torque specs, sequence and valve clearence too if needed.

lillianrock

Equipment
L2202DT tractor
Nov 9, 2010
Nimbin, NSW, Australia
Thanks Luke
I got a quote from them:

"new head to suit L2202DT is $1,550.00 inc GST + P&H and are in stock".

I can get one from Minto for $1195 but the best yet is a guaranteed 2nd hand one at $490. I think that'll be the one.

I bought the tractor at Midway at Burpengarry. They want "$1750.00 inc GST plus freight"

Good business this tractor parts lark eh?
Martin

luke the spook

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 10, 2010
brisbane , australia
no worries lillian,
the head for $490 seems like a real winner for sure , minto sounds like a place ill have to keep on the books for future reference. You might get out of it cheeper than you thought . Just make sure you get the guarentee and get the crack tested. Are you going to reseat the valves youself or send it to the enginers?

Ahh midway (haha) i dont think they like kubotas anymore... everything just seems to hard for them. i needed a head for my Kubota L1500dt two years ago and they were'nt able to get one or chase one up, so they lost my business. I think the change of ownership at that time might of had something to do with it.

it's a funny market. Some kubota dealers dont want to deal with us or help us at all. I have learnt not to mention the model and just tell them the part no. you have to be on the ball with thease little orange tractors it definitely pays to shop. you might even end up with some beer money.

good luck and keep us all updated
luke

buildspacetrains

Equipment
L2402dt
Nov 12, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Hi there,
I bought my 2402dt from Sota tractors in Thomastown Victoria.
They seem good people to deal with. I would be most interested in there response to your problem.
Good Luck.
Richard.

bayou4004x4

Oct 16, 2010
wi
hi
i overheated my l2202dt the other day and noticed water in the exhaust manifold. I took the head off hoping i'd just blown a gasket but it turns out that it is cracked around the valve seat on the middle pot. That'll teach me to keep an eye on the radiator screen and the temp guage.

The problem is that i've been quoted between $1500 and $1800 for a replacement.

Does anyone know of a source that may be cheaper here in australia. I found one in canada at $895 + $150 shipping which puts me way ahead of australian pricing but i'd like not to have to wait.
if you have a menards in youre area,u can go there and buy welding rods,u can weld it with these rods at menards,they cost about 15.00 for 4 of them,but they will do the job !!!!!!!