B8200 hsd

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well the Kubota should be in the shop by Sunday. I am going to attempt to fix the hood and fenders and make a grill for it. Reset the valves or at least check them. I set them last year when I discovered two rockers that were backed right off. I saw a thread tonight that included flushing the engine, and I am going to do that as well as change all the fluids. Also I am going to attempt to fix a leak in the side of the hydrostat. It was cracked and repaired at some point before I bought it. And it leaks a bit ( very annoying ). I am afraid my tractor has not had all the things done to it that I would like to have done. Clutch is frozen, can't break it free. Rear main leaks. Cylinders on the loader need rebuilt. The engine smokes at the oddest times like when it has a light to moderate load but not when it is really working. Lots of power. Fuel system cleaner? I can't do every thing, lack of funds. So I will do what I can afford. I will try and take pics and post as I go. Wish me luck. :) Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Sounds like your going to be very busy. Are you going to try to get it all done before the snow hits. I am in the process of repainting all my tin and it's so hard to live without mine. I've been using it without the tin. Must be quite the sight with all the wires dangling from not having a dash and the battery held against the tranny with a bungee cord:eek:. Hope you get what you want done fast.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Ds. You bet your A$$ I want it done before snow. Will it be done? probably not. I am slow slow slow. I know what you mean by trying to live without the Kubota. Maybe I will do the mechanical one step at a time so that I can use it between each repair. I had not thought of that before but I sure am now. The tin will have to wait till the other repairs are done. That must be quite a site driving it without tin. I will be doing the same thing. The tin has to come off for the repairs any way. Can you embarass a tractor? The apprentice thing goes by how many posts you have made on the forum. I have been so busy trying to keep everything else running this summer that I haven't spent much time on the forum.Good luck on your tin.:D Dusty

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Good luck Dusty. I've gotta replace my hydraulic pump seal, as she started filling up my oil pan! Do you happen to have the part number handy? My local dealer has a bunch of goons working the desk, so it's a pain to go in there without the number.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Dusty, you kill me! That loader keeper upper thing reminds me of the people using a broom stick to keep the trunk open. Good lord I hope you don't bump that thing!

Your shop is looking very nice and you get extra points for having a box of kleenex under the wood burning stove :D

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
WOW, looking at the next set of pic's you got in there, it must have been one hell of a summer :eek:

Ride'm hard cowboy and put'm away wet :D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My loader keeper upper is noched top and bottom, it will take a pretty good whack to move it. Kinda wondered if some one would mention the kleenex.:D I knew the tractor was rough but :eek:. I have only had it for two years. This is the first time I have had it this far apart. Some stuff will get done and some won't. Clutch no, rear axle seal no, fix falling off fenders yes, fix hood yes, change fluid and filters yes. Plus I will be taking a long look as to why the engine blows black smoke at weird times. And it has to be done fairly quickly. Snow is coming soon. Again :eek::D:D Dusty

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Hey, I like your "loader-keeper-upper". If yours is like mine when all the weight of the loader is on the pipe, it would take a good number of blows w/ a sledge to knock it out. The pipe looks bigger than some of the safety rods they use to prop up dump truck beds. I liked the fire too. All though we are enjoying the fall here in Texas. Summers are always too hot! Keep us posted and good luck!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Well Dusty, you have a nice list going there. I'm glad you put them "falling off fenders" high on the priorities. That would be a must for me since that would be a hell of a ride if all that crap fell off while drinking a beer and leaning on the fender :eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Right now I am making a new battery tray because when I pulled the fender off the battery pretty much fell in my lap. Once I get the other fender off I will take it to the car wash down the street and clean it up so I can see where all the leaks are.:D Dusty

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
Don't put off that rear axle job. I need to do one on my b6100 and need all the advice I can get. Some good pics as you do it would sure help a guy out.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Sorry Lucky, that seal is going to have to wait. It is seeping a little but thats it. My hydraulic oil is leaking in two spots and I haven't looked to see where the engine is leaking. So, I made a new battery tray and it is not part of the fender like the old one. The left fender is in rough shape and I expected the right to be the same, but it is actually in pretty good shape. Hydro oil is leaking from a spot on the transmission and from the mid pto seal. That one I will replace. It is leaking a lot more from the pto seal than the transmission. It looks like the trani case had a hole smashed into it and some one fixed it with bondo.:eek::eek::D:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Dusty, looks like we got the right man on that bubble gum repair. I have seen the magic you do when challenges like that come up. I have faith in buddy :D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dusty glad you are back posting pictures as always like to see them agree with traildust on the kleenex. Wish I was there I could help you with that crack. If all else fails I have seen people grind the cast off clean shiney and use a fiberglass patch with automobile rosin and hardner it would hold for years.:D You know I hated to tell you about that patch. Welding is the right way. Good luck handy