Land Pride SGC1060 Welds Ripping!!

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I have no clue, I just seen their logo in the picture:)

Maybe try searching google for NAI distributer or something like that and see if you can find some near by that sells their stuff?

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Thanks Wolfman! Would you recommend a thickness to not go under? I see one I like is 1/4". I'm told it doesn't matter what thickness the metal is, but more so the design of it

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman! Would you recommend a thickness to not go under? I see one I like is 1/4". I'm told it doesn't matter what thickness the metal is, but more so the design of it
Yes, design is important, being that your using it on a tractor keeping the weight down is also important.
I would say 1/4" should work great.
if you look at this pic you will notice that this style of bucket is reinforced to not tear the mounts off, as you do roll the bucket to make it work.

Attachments

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Thanks Wolfman! I don't understand the difference however in the actual mount. I'm going to look into it again and compare the two.

Also, I'm wondering if you or someone else can help me,.....

I'm not certain what section this question should fall under, if any. But I know they say if a guy has a tractor, he's normally pretty smart,.....

Do, here's my question: what's the best way to pull trees over while saving the root ball along with the tree? I have good size cedar trees that need to be removed & a lot of them. I have a business that will pay good $ for the cedar, but more if I can deliver with the roots still attached. They use them for porch/roof supports on log cabins. Afterward, I will be working the ground for field, a building, etc. So to get the root ball out at the same time, would be great. I know a guy next door who thought it best to use his bucket to get this done. However, a couple times he ended up with his tractor straddling the tree and suspended off the ground. To me that's a bit more risk than I'm willing to take.

I have a long 1/4" metal cable I put around a big popular, & hooked to the tractor to get a cedar out that was hung up after I cut it with a chainsaw. Seemed to work fine, but I believe it would be much better if using a block. & tackle type set up. Did I just answer my own question?

I've looked all over YouTube & didn't see anything on it without using a chainsaw.

Thanks Guys!

Chris

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was pointing out that the bottom mount has a second plate to keep from coming loose while prying up with the bucket.

This is really what a sump bucket is designed to do, it will dig under the root ball and then it will push the stump and tree over, but yes you will do some damage to the roots as you will cut some doing it that way.

Pulling out Cedar trees stump and all can be done with the loader by just pushing them over till they get to a low enough angle to attach a cable to them and pull them out.
Note: They probably want the trunks undamaged to a certain length, I would find out what height and if you can get the loader up that high push from there as not to damage the trunk.

You can also use the block and tackle method, you will just need to get the cable as high on the tree as you can.
I found out that pulling mine that way was a ton of work and the block was very expensive.
You also need a pretty good run to pull them out.

Attachments

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Got it Wolfman! Thanks again. I now understand about the second plate. Very good point.

I'm going to try to push over the trees a bit. However, the tree bary budged when I tried about ten different ones. I should have also mentioned they are about 14" on average.

Thanks again. I'm hoping to update this soon with grapple repair pictures.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That will get you out of being in line with the tree, if you want to compound the pull then yes you would need a block and tackle set up.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
2 of them things and you could almost pull it out by hand,,lol,, and don't for get CABLE,, lots of cable

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I had a big ol oak hanging over my house, was split and rotting. Used 200' of super heavy rope and a sheave. I was beside tree with my 4x4 and driving opposite direction of falling tree, it was scary til it started moving, then pulled it over. Amazing how much it will pull with just one pulley.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Update Sept. 12...Land Pride SGC1060 Welds Ripping!!

Received a call from the dealer today. Land Pride called him & said it wont be until Sept. 19 that the dealer should be receiving the brackets :(

But,......... Get this, the Rep told the dealer that they are going to run extra brackets at the same time... The dealer said he feels that Land Pride realizes something wasn't rite with the Grapples, & that they are making an extra bunch of them for when more possibly are reported to be doing the same thing. The rep also said they are doing "some modifications" to the bracket/pieces as well.

The service manager said there is "nothing" that could be done as far as use, that should cause this issue to happen. As he said, this unit is made for it. And he also said, as far as "hitting something hard in reverse, that's what it's made for. Thus, the teeth on the rear bottom of grapple".

I am hopeful this will cure the issue. As soon as I get word it's done, I'll update you all again.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Update Sept 19: Land Pride SGC1060 Welds Ripping!!

Talked to the dealer today..... Land Pride sent the parts to the wrong location of the dealer, so it's being ups'd to the correct location now. Hopefully be there tomorrow, or Monday. So, "hopefully" will get it back early this next week, and I'll let you all know with some pictures as to how it looks....

Chris

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
This scares me. I have the same tractor and also the scm 1060 grapple.
Now where i'm at I don't have any rocks or hard ground. I do use it mainly for rounding up brush piles and adding to piles. Handy for hauling 10' sections of 6-8" pine and pine tops.
I will pay attention to this "weak spot" on the unit.
One thing I have noticed with the welds on some of the implements are that they are all MIG welds. They can look good, but that's all. Most are lack of penetration and the weld metal is not prepared .
When I make any repairs on these implements I use TIG welding and the metal is cleaned before welding.
Keep us posted on the outcome.

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
This scares me. I have the same tractor and also the scm 1060 grapple.
Now where i'm at I don't have any rocks or hard ground. I do use it mainly for rounding up brush piles and adding to piles. Handy for hauling 10' sections of 6-8" pine and pine tops.
I will pay attention to this "weak spot" on the unit.
One thing I have noticed with the welds on some of the implements are that they are all MIG welds. They can look good, but that's all. Most are lack of penetration and the weld metal is not prepared .
When I make any repairs on these implements I use TIG welding and the metal is cleaned before welding.
Keep us posted on the outcome.
I just got a SGC1060, got the 3rd function valve isntalled today and got it home. I need to add 2 short hydraulic lines and Im ready to go.

As far as welds, I havent looked it over good yet. MIG welds are stronger than TIG though. In MIG, the wire gets penetration. In TIG, thats more a surface weld and a filler rod is used to filled gaps or holes.