8560 50hr service

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
What ever y'all think . I know what the local diesel mechanics say what it does to the dpf rigs . That the people claim they Accidentally put in there trucks does .

My argument is over about it .

I know I wouldn't put red fuel in any dpf rig or Machinery because of what it can do to them .

Y'all can do as ya want .

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
regen # 10 today @ 95.4 Hrs. I have not tried any on road diesel yet because I discovered that all of the filling stations around here are using anywhere from 5 to 20 percent biodiesel blend. With the particular engine in my tractor (V3800-CR) Kubota corp. recommends not running any biodiesel over 5 percent. The pumps just say between 5 and 20 percent so you can't be sure. I went to Kubota's web site and read what Kubota says you need to do if you are going to run a biodiesel blend. No Thanks, I will stay with the off road. My supplier told me they do not use any biodiesel in their off road fuel.

Here is a little of what they have to say

Maintenance Requirements when using Biodiesel fuel B6 thru B20:
1.Replace the fuel hoses with new Kubota approved hoses at one half (1/2) the suggested replacement intervals as listed in the Operator's Manual. For Example: If the suggested interval is 100 hours to replace fuel hoses, then replace at 50 hours.
2.Replace the fuel filters with new Kubota approved filters at one half (1/2) the suggested replacement interval as listed in the Operator's Manual.
3.When using Biodiesel for the first time in your Kubota equipment, replace the engine oil with new Kubota approved oil and filter and follow the service requirements listed in the Operator's Manual.

Here is a link to the page on Kubota's website. https://www.kubota.com/service/BioDiesel.aspx Be sure to click on both tabs on this page and read the whole article. This is getting more confusing now. Especially if the Govt. mandates the blending of Biodiesel in all Diesel fuel to include off road diesel. If they label it all showing between 5 and 20 percent and your tractor is not supposed to be ran with anything over 5 percent how are we going to be able to tell which percentage the fuel actually contains? The government knows they can screw some stuff up! Namely everything they get involved with.:)

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Regen #12 took place at 111.4 Hrs. Re-Grading a large parking area in front of a feed store and Animal Hospital, worked right through the regen. Never any feel of loss of power while working.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I had no idea that those would regen that often. Can't speak for anyone else but I'm still following this thread. As long as you keep sharing info I'll continue to read it, Thanks.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I had no idea that those would regen that often. Can't speak for anyone else but I'm still following this thread. As long as you keep sharing info I'll continue to read it, Thanks.
Following the thread also.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Regen # 13-120.2hrs.

Regen # 14-129.8hrs.

Both happened while working the tractor and finished while I was still working so no interruptions or inconvenience. At this rate there will be over 300 regen's before the DPF Filter is supposed to be serviced. We will see if it will hold up that long.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
Boy talk about hijacking a thread????
I apologize if I high jacked this thread. Really not familiar with all of the high tech lingo. Do not usually post a lot in forums but thought that this info might be helpful to other's since DPF is new technology for tractors. If I am doing something wrong I will stop posting in this thread. Just let me know how to start a new "Thread". Thanks

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Keep posting TractorMan02. I originally made this thread. I want to continue to see how our tractors compare on the regens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
TractorMan02

I for one have been following your posts about the regen cycles. With the majority of the posts relating to fuel and regens and a view count over 2300 I would tend to be leave that others are also interested. If you continue to post in this thread or start another thread, I am interested in following your results. My newest tractor is 32 years old and like it or not, sooner or later I am going to have to get another tractor. Regen cycles will play a part in what I eventually get, new or used.

As to your question about starting a new thread:
After you enter the forum section then the Service, Repair & Maintenance section you will see a blue rectangle at the top left corner of the different threads. Click your mouse on it and it will open up a new window where you start your new thread. If you need more help, just ask.

Last edited:

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
TractorMan02

New regen data...151.7 hrs and the next was 167.1 hrs.

Junior390,

So right at 15.4 hrs. What type of work were you doing with the tractor? I mainly do loader work and grade work. Spreading dirt, rock, washout, Bush Hog'n. I always keep the rpm's at or above 1800. I use the rpm auto control button. The thing with me is the load I am putting on the tractor fluctuates drastically during operation. Especially when knocking down loads of dirt or gravel.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
My last 2 regen's happened while building a private road. Hauled in 15 tandem truck loads of dirt to level road then 13 tandem loads of Washout to re surface. Regen #17: 155hrs., Regen #18: 163.8hrs. I will say that this tractor has power. I put the 84" bucket down and push material until it is coming over the top of the bucket and spilling over behind the bucket and it just keeps on going:D

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
TractorMan02,

The first hour or so I was using the tractor for light FEL work moving brush piles around. All of the rest of those hours on that regen cycle were mowing hours. I kept the RPM's around 2K while mowing. I still haven't ran off road diesel in it yet.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
TractorMan02,

The first hour or so I was using the tractor for light FEL work moving brush piles around. All of the rest of those hours on that regen cycle were mowing hours. I kept the RPM's around 2K while mowing. I still haven't ran off road diesel in it yet.

Junior 390,
I would love to try regular diesel but around here our fuel stations have a blend with Bio-Diesel between 5%-20%. In a previous post I linked to Kabota's web site and an article stating that in these particular engines (At least the one in my M8560) you should run no more than 5% Bio-Diesel blend. Since the pumps say between 5 and 20% I have no way of knowing so I am not willing to take the risk. I called my supplier of off road Diesel and they assured me they do not use Bio-Diesel blend and will let me know if they ever are mandated by the Govt. to do so.
The way that you run your tractor sounds similar to the way I run mine. Even while Bush Hogging is thick weeds and running the tractor at 2200-2300rpm's (540rpm @ PTO) I still regen within every 10 hours.

TractorMan02

Equipment
M8560HD
Aug 1, 2013
Georgia
I Really do feel as though there are many variables that will dictate the different results achieved by different owners. I am sure that climate (Humidity and Temps.) where a person is operating the equipment will play a part in this.
Secondly I would like to tell everyone reading these posts that in no way am I bashing Kubota. The Tractor that I own seems to be a well built machine so far. We are merely discussing our results with the new technology (DPF Filtration) to provide a baseline for ourselves and others so that we can all be better informed.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
TractorMan02,

I'm really curios as to why our tractors are so different on the regen times. I'm already almost 15 hrs into the next cycle. It looks as if the only thing that we do differently is the fuel. Need a bigger sample size to really nail down the details. I have been extremely impressed with the power of this tractor as well. It surprises me every time I get on it. The loader is strong and the tractor seems to have plenty of weight to handle it efficiently. How is your fuel consumption? The last 10 hrs mowing I averaged 1.86 gph according to the meter. This was all light mowing with RPM's set at 2000 with a 10' landpride bush hog. It was actually better than I thought it would be.