Land Pride 1672 Finish Mower

ck21084

Equipment
L3200-DT, LP 1672,B7100 enrossi 5ft finish mower, 7ft backblade, 20"subsoiler
Jul 6, 2013
United States
I just finished sharpening the blades on my new finish mower for the second time. I did have an issue getting the bolts loose. I first tried using my 1/2 snap on impact with no luck. I called the dealer and they informed me that the blades self tighten when the blades are engaged and hit a mound of dirt(ant hill) and that over time they would continue to tighten every time this happened. They suggested that wedge a 2x4 block in between the blade and the side of the deck. Then use a braker bar with a 5 foot pipe on the end to remove the bolt. I was able to get it off this way but I had at lease 100lb. of force on the end of the pipe which would translate to around 500ft lb. of torque on the bolt. The bolt is a grade 8 bold and did not appear to have any anti seize or oil on the threads. There were no signs of fatigue to the bolt.

Is this normal and should I be concerned with the bolt getting so tight that it snaps in the spindle?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I had trouble getting the bolts loose as well, but I put a dab of bearing grease on the bolt and washer before I reinstalled the blades. I haven't taken them back off since, so I don't know if it has helped.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
It happens alot and is normal. I take my blades off often with the mowers in my fleet for my landscape biz and they can be a pain to get off sometimes.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Had a Cub with a 5' belly mower for a couple years. Still have a 22 year old 5' Caroni RFM and ran a Landpride 5 footer for 10 years. This is the second year on a Landpride 6' deck. Blades have been off and on many times on all of them.

Until about two years ago I used a 1/2" Harbor Freight (air) impact gun. Then I bought an 18V Dewalt 1/2" impact gun. Never had a blade bolt give me problems. I never lubed the bolts for fear it could overstress them.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
If anything will stress a bolt its a breaker with a cheater.

Grease'm up.

I've greased the lug nuts on all my trucks and cars......never an issue.

And yes, I also use a battery impact to install and remove blade bolts.