FEL drops fast

sexton62

Equipment
BX23s
Oct 17, 2019
Willow Springs
I have about 100 hrs on a bx23s - the only FEL work I have done is working with some dirt, moving it around and spreading it out over the yard by dumping the bucket.

This week I put on some forks on the FEL and was moving around sheets of drywall from the truck to the house. When I go to lower the FEL and just barley touch the FEL control to go down, it drops like a rock and let go and it the FEL stops, bouncing the load. I can lift the FEL slowly and curl without a problem its just trying to lower the FEL when it drops like a rock.

I have shimmed the hydraulics to about 1950 PSI.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Forks are generally heavier than buckets and put the load further away from the pivot point. The result is what you described. A more deft touch on the loader control will help you control the speed of descent. Takes practice for sure. My bigger tractor is much easier to control the descent than my bx.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yeah what he said. Also with more pressure, you're going to make the hydraulic lift (and lower) functions more jerky. The valve and system doesn't work quite like a bigger tractor, it's really "crude" I guess one could say-which helps keep the cost to a competitive level with other brands.