b3350 auto regen light wont come on

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
Just purchased a B3350, need some help with the auto regen.

When I first ran the tractor, after started it up i could push the auto regen button and it would light up. The auto regen worked on the first regen I received, although it didn't finish (tractor shut down after about 10 minutes), so I had to do a parked regen. Parked regen ran fine and completed ( took about 30 minutes) and DPF light was off.

Now a few hours of operation later, when I start the tractor the auto regen will light up when you turn the key (so I know the bulb/fuse are good). But pressing the button after the tractor is started, the button wont light up. Tractor is now asking for another regen but it won't do the auto regen because the auto regen light on the dash wont come on (temp is normal operating temp and RPMS are up, so it should regen)

Any ideas on why the auto regen wont activate?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just purchased a B3350, need some help with the auto regen.

When I first ran the tractor, after started it up i could push the auto regen button and it would light up. The auto regen worked on the first regen I received, although it didn't finish (tractor shut down after about 10 minutes), so I had to do a parked regen. Parked regen ran fine and completed ( took about 30 minutes) and DPF light was off.

Now a few hours of operation later, when I start the tractor the auto regen will light up when you turn the key (so I know the bulb/fuse are good). But pressing the button after the tractor is started, the button wont light up. Tractor is now asking for another regen but it won't do the auto regen because the auto regen light on the dash wont come on (temp is normal operating temp and RPMS are up, so it should regen)

Any ideas on why the auto regen wont activate?
Is your B3350 new or used?

Changes have been made to the regen system, including firmware during the production run.

If your tractor was built within the past year or so, it is likely fully up to date but the owner's manual and ROPS decal likely will not be.

If your tractor is used, all bets are off and the very first thing to do is have your dealer VERIFY that all updates and modifications have been done to bring it FULLY up to date. Do not trust your dealer to confirm this. Insist that the regional Kubota service representative so confirm, and speak to him directly.

My B3350 is a 2018, has been confirmed to be fully up to date (twice) by different Kubota service representatives, yet the owner's manual and ROPS decal are inconsistent with the latest firmware in some regards. FWIW, my owner's manual and ROPS decal (updated at my request) are both latest versions.

It is not necessary to push any (auto regen) buttons after starting if your tractor is fully up to date as the system defaults to auto regen upon startup if your tractor is fully up to date. All bets are off if your tractor is not fully up to date.

SDT

Last edited:

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
Its a used 2014, 350 hours. I thinks it's the older version that requires the button to be pressed to enable auto mode.

On the first regen when I hit the auto button, the auto button lit up, and regen light on the dash went from flashing to solid. That is consistent with the sticker on the inside of the cab. Unfortunately it stopped running in the middl of the regen, then forced me to do a parked regen. Parked regen finished successfully.

Now, no matter what i try the auto button wont light up. The regen light flashes and beeps, but it wont start a regen. It does not have the parked regen light yet.

I did email the Kubota customer service and they said it was up to date, guess i'll try the dealer and see if they can confirm the updates are done.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I wonder why this regen stuff can not be removed from the engine after the warranty is expired. When is the emission warranty ended? Is it legal? I am all for clean air but if the system does not work correctly when it is new what does it do when the machine gets some time on it?
My brother drove a gasoline tanker. The company bought a brand new Freight Shaker. It was in the shop more then it was on the road. In fact the truck was broken down so much that a spare truck was relocated to his depot permanently. The repairs done under warranty would have cost thousands in repairs and thousands more in lost drive time.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Its a used 2014, 350 hours. I thinks it's the older version that requires the button to be pressed to enable auto mode.

On the first regen when I hit the auto button, the auto button lit up, and regen light on the dash went from flashing to solid. That is consistent with the sticker on the inside of the cab. Unfortunately it stopped running in the middl of the regen, then forced me to do a parked regen. Parked regen finished successfully.

Now, no matter what i try the auto button wont light up. The regen light flashes and beeps, but it wont start a regen. It does not have the parked regen light yet.

I did email the Kubota customer service and they said it was up to date, guess i'll try the dealer and see if they can confirm the updates are done.
I have no idea how Kubota "customer service" could possibly know if your 2014 has all of the updates released since it was built and certainly would not trust a simple email reply.

Contact your dealer soon to verify with the regional Kubota service representative.

IIRC, the emissions warranty is 5 years.

SDT

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If the op gave the serial number they can check through their computer records. I don't know if the updates for the original version included changing the function of the auto regen button.

In any case, it sounds like something is not right. How many times were you able to run it when you were able to push the auto regen button would come on and stay on while you worked? This time did the regen light start to flash before you tried to push the auto regen button? What does the button you are pushing look like?

Can you double check the conditions for a parked regen to see if you are meeting them?

My first guess is it will take dealer laptop to reset something to get it to regen if it won't do either an auto regen or parked regen.

Last edited:

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
When I originally had it I ran it about 4 times, each time i'd push the auto light when i started it and it would light up. on about the 4th run, after it hit normal temps, the regen light flashed,I had the auto light on and then it started to regen ( i could tell because the flashing DPF light turned solid). ran for about 10 minutes while i cut grass. then it died and wouldn't restart. Waited about 30 minutes, then when I restarted it it had the red light and the parked regen light on. I ran the parked regen, it ran it up to about 2500 put out alot of smoke and then after 5 minutes or so dropped to 2000. after about 30 minutes all lights went off and all was good.

But since the regen, the auto light has not come back on.

Now here is where it is at, I've got the flashing regen light with the P and a beep on it (but not the red light). I got everything set for the parked regen yesterday, pressed the regen light next to the auto button. it ran up to 2500 rpm, and the light switched from the flashing p to the solid DPF light, ran at 2500 rpm for only a minute or two, then dropped to 1050 rpm. i let it run for about an hour, but the solid DPF light never went out (as if it wasn't done with the regen). Restart and its still got the flashing dpf light with the P.

I'm going to try again today, but doesn't seem right that it drops back to 1050 rpm. And I cant imagine it would take over an hour to finish

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
so i ran the parked regen today, revved up to 2500, then back down to 1050 with the solid DPF light, after an hour it switched back to the park regen flashing light and beep.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It sounds as though you have and are using the tables from the owners manual and the shop manual. I am looking at the tables inthe wsm which I have for my B2650, the sister model.. It sounds as though you are somewhere in Warning level 3. If so the buzzer frequency is every second as opposed to every 3 or 5 seconds.

I have no direct experience with a 3350. My L3560 has a different regen mechanism. Some general thoughts, inhibit regen when you start up until you have the engine really warmed up, and before you attempt either auto regen or parked regen. If both the parked regen light and the engine ! light are blinking, the conditions for parked regen are not satisfied, eg the laundry list of things like the parking brake set, as well as temp, it won't start the parked regen.

Have you got these tables? I am looking at page 1 M 13. And this assumes that any updates didn't supersede the old directions.

Simplest and safest piece of advice is get your dealer Monday to come with diagmaster and laptop. Keep us posted. Maybe one of the techs will see your post and can give better help.

Just saw your recent post, and if it has done the rpm drop twice something is goofy.

Last edited:

busterja21

Oct 12, 2019
colorado
update to this thread - I receive the tractor back from the dealer a few weeks ago, they duplicated the issue, then ran a forced regen and cleared the computer codes. They confirmed all updates have been done on the tractor and tested the temp sensors but couldn't conclusively find what caused the issue.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thank you for the update! Fingers crossed the problem does not recur.