Ky Kubota L2501 Pricing

Winginit

Oct 6, 2019
Brooks
Bought me an L2501 today after a lot of looking. Looked at an LS tractor first since a friend has one. An Indiana dealer offered me an XG3025H for $16,500.
Last year my son purchased a Kubota L4701 with FEL, 7 ft mower,and filled tires. Price delivered to his door (15 miles) was $29,000.....My experience with that dealer left a little to be desired. They had to order the mower and that delayed delivery. Said he would call next day and let us know when we could get tractor. Didn't call. We called the day after that. Said he would check and call. Didn't call. Finally one day when WE CALLED HIM, he said the mower was in and he would check with his mechanic and call back shortly. DIDN't. Was getting pissed about the fact that he continually said he would call us but never did. Finally after about two weeks we got the tractor.

Decided since we had done business with them before maybe they would give a little better deal to a repeat customer. WRONG ! First I priced a new L4701.He wanted the same $29K as last year but without the $4000 mower.

Inquired about an L2501 and he quoted me $20,250. Told him I was looking at LS tractor for $16,500. Ooops, he missed one of the discounts but he offered me $19,500. I countered with an offer of $19K. Finally he said he would do,$19,250. I said I would think about it and call him Monday since it was late Sat afternoon and nothing was going to happen before then.

Saw this site Sunday and did some reading. Guy in Ky said he got a great deal from a different Ky dealer, so I contacted two other dealers. The first one was in Lexington. They were very helpful and offered me the absolute best price I got. There was a little negotiating but they offered me $18,250 delivered. That was a 100 mile delivery. Upon checking, they found that the tractor they had did not have a loader and they would have to add a labor charge to the price. The guy seemed pretty honest, but with the long distance delivery they just couldn't eat any more cost.It was going to be $18,450. (Note: 90% of tractors they get already have the loader, so he didn't know this one didn't till he went out to check) Honest mistake.

Third dealer was actually the closest to me located in Louisville. Why did I go farther away first....because I saw what a guy on this site had said about getting such a great deal at that dealer. He had given $17K he said, before the Kubota price increase.

Anyway after negotiating with this dealer, I managed to get $18,650 delivered along with a bucket level indicator that I will install. Delivery distance is about 20 miles.

So dealer 1 was $20,250 errr......$19,750
dealer 2 was $18,250 till loader install fee then $18,450
dealer 3 ended up being $18,650 but he is a lot closer if I have a problem

Oh, on Monday I also called the first dealer about 11:30 and was told he had "stepped out", but would return my call. About 3 oclock he returned my call.
In the mean time I had been talking with the other two dealers and saving a lot of money. Don't plan on dealing with him ever again.......

So my suggestion is to talk to more than one dealer and don't assume they will all give you the same price. Might have to go a little farther, and might even have to haul it home yourself, but check first.

The tractor I bought was equipped with Hydrostatic/FEL with Quick attach bucket/ Fluid tires/ and a bucket level indicator.....and a couple free hats.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Winginit, welcome to the forum.

Your comment at the end of your story, "...talk to more than one dealer and don't assume they will all give you the same price." seems like common sense to anyone spending money on a new tractor. I would hope most buyers would go shopping with that intent to begin with.

You're fortunate enough to get a good deal with a nearby dealer! The first guy will not last long with his customer no service.

When it gets delivered post some pictures.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Multiple independent dealers does give you a few options. I live in southeastern Washingto (the state) and the Kubota dealers for a couple hundred miles are owned by the same company. The same is true of the New Holland dealer. This is also true of the Yanmar dealer, who also handles Case. The local LS dealer is independent - too independent. I bought my last tractor from him and given his professionalism I was willing to pay more to the Kubota dealer. My L2501 would have been about $16,000 but it did not include front loader. That was another $4,000. It was delivered the next day. I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I experienced similar attitudes and pricing as Winginit. Shop till you drop. A lot can be done by email too, which saves you a lot of time listening to BS. I avoid giving out my phone number if possible.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
That is a decent price- did it include tax? a new l2501 here, SSQA loader, filled R4 tires is about $17,500 plus any tax.

We looked at the L4701 for a nanosecond and realized the MX is a better deal unless you are weight constrained. The dealer told us they sell few of the L4701 and it is for people who have only a half ton pickup for towing it- its is apparently the largest you can safely tow a distance.

Winginit

Oct 6, 2019
Brooks

Your comment at the end of your story, "...talk to more than one dealer and don't assume they will all give you the same price." seems like common sense to anyone spending money on a new tractor. I would hope most buyers would go shopping with that intent to begin with.

You're fortunate enough to get a good deal with a nearby dealer! The first guy will not last long with his customer no service.

Here are the pictures. The price I posted did NOT include tax. Posted the price just so others could get a real world idea of what to pay. If someone gets better pricing, please post it, and the approximate date of purchase because Kubota had a price increase earlier this year. As for the L4701 comment by another poster. The MX was more expensive than the 47, but its plenty of tractor for his needs. Had to Bush Hog 22 acres and then keep it mowed. Nary a change in rpm.....just did great. For anyone considering an
L3901, I'd take a look. Looooot more tractor for a couple thousand .

Winginit

Oct 6, 2019
Brooks

Tried posting before but didn't work for some reason. Try once more.
Spent about an hour removing the "moron stickers" last night. You know , the ones that say don't do this or you will kill yourself. Waayyyy too many stickers.

Don't know why the pics don't work.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You must have 5 post before you're allowed any pictures to post. Ask another question and you'll be to #5!