Regeneration on l3901

Rcaudill

Oct 4, 2019
Central Kentucky USA
Hi guys. First post. I have an l3901 with 118 hours on it. It had 83 when I got it It has never went through a regeneration cycle since I have had it. I normally have it at 2000 rpm or above. Is this normal or what should I do to make it cycle? I tried the park, neutral, idle directions but it didn’t work. Any ideas and thanks.

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Regen happens on an as needed basis and automatically at that. Being that you are running at 2000 rpms, you are running it a sufficient RPM as to not cause a large amount of soot. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Regen happens on an as needed basis and automatically at that. Being that you are running at 2000 rpms, you are running it a sufficient RPM as to not cause a large amount of soot. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
^^ this. You don't need to do anything to make it regen

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I hate to potentially complicate matters, but some early dpf Kubotas had the"dpf inhibit" ON as the default when the tractor was started. The operator has to push the button to allow a potential burn to be allowed.
I recall reading about this on I believe 2014 L60 series machines, and it may apply to the L01's also. May be worth a read on the owner's manual, but I suspect the machine would be complaining if a Regen was needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I hate to potentially complicate matters, but some early dpf Kubotas had the"dpf inhibit" ON as the default when the tractor was started. The operator has to push the button to allow a potential burn to be allowed.
The L01's you have to press the button to be in "inhibit" mode.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Some of the DPF systems work on pressure differential pre and post DPF filter. When the pressures start to be higher on the inlet than the outlet, it triggers a regen. What the Original Poster is doing is the best way to keep the DPF clean without excessive regen cycles. WORK IT and the engine keeps is clean with fewer regen cycles.
Has anyone come up with software like the diesel pickups so you can pull all that stuff off and have a good running tractor?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Some of the DPF systems work on pressure differential pre and post DPF filter. When the pressures start to be higher on the inlet than the outlet, it triggers a regen. What the Original Poster is doing is the best way to keep the DPF clean without excessive regen cycles. WORK IT and the engine keeps is clean with fewer regen cycles.
Has anyone come up with software like the diesel pickups so you can pull all that stuff off and have a good running tractor?
Only on the bigger M series, nothing on the L's that I know of. I haven't looked at the code too much but the L series is pretty complex in the ECU program. Dunno if anyone's cracked it yet, or if they have, has Kubota stopped them from moving forward? Again...dunno.