Hydraulic hose/connection for plow

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
I have a B26. I just got a 3rd function valve for my loader installed by the dealer and a hla 1000 plow. The valve has block off caps at this time. The plow came with two small hoses that are also blocked off with caps. I need another foot or so to make the connection along with a coupler. I am not sure exactly what I need. Can you please take a look at the attached pictures and give me a recommendation as to what I need? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If this is your only tractor then put a male on one line and a female on the other. Then you will ever have to worry about hooking up the lines backwards.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just get the 'dust caps' for them., good idea to alternate the male-female connectors and when you install them, don't use Teflon pipe tape, use a paste sealer. Any teflon tape floating around in the system can cause issues.

Think I have a picture of mine but you will have to look close....

I also added how I made the 'third function' plumbing removable with the loader. That is all Pioneer male-female disconnects and dust caps.

Attachments

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I would be questioning the dealer as to why they didn’t put couplers on? If they installed the valve, how did they expect you to use it?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
When I bought my l2501 I had the plumbing installed for the grapple. They did everything including the couplers. The only problem, no one sold the other half of the coupler to install on my grapple including the dealer.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a B26. I just got a 3rd function valve for my loader installed by the dealer and a hla 1000 plow. The valve has block off caps at this time. The plow came with two small hoses that are also blocked off with caps. I need another foot or so to make the connection along with a coupler. I am not sure exactly what I need. Can you please take a look at the attached pictures and give me a recommendation as to what I need? Thanks in advance.
Once you have installed the couplers others are recommending, get rid of the caps presently on the plow hoses. Those are galvanized plumbing fittings and have no place on a hydraulic system. On the plow unused, no big deal, but never put them on a system that could see hydraulic pressure.

Dave

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
Thanks everyone. So it really doesn’t matter if the male end is on the tractor or the plow so long as the other side has the opposite ?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Those galvanized pipe caps look like 'water service' ones, good for maybe 250#..
Replace them IMEEDIATELY with proper ones, good for at least 3000#...

If you want to see why, just keep operating the valve lever 'on-off-on-off----':eek:

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Thanks everyone. So it really doesn’t matter if the male end is on the tractor or the plow so long as the other side has the opposite ?

You’ll have 4 ends total. 2 on the tractor side, and 2 on the blade. Of those pairs, make one male and one female. That way, you can only orient the hoses correctly when you hook it up.

Male on blade plugs into female on tractor. Female on blade goes on the male on tractor.

Those galvanized plugs on the blade are dust caps only. They’ll be removed and tossed. Your new couplers should come with correct dust caps, which are typically a plastic or rubber push-on type. Just there to keep the dust and debris out. The quick connect couplings will keep the fluid sealed in till they’re connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Those galvanized pipe caps look like 'water service' ones, good for maybe 250#..
Replace them IMEEDIATELY with proper ones, good for at least 3000#...

If you want to see why, just keep operating the valve lever 'on-off-on-off----':eek:
The Gavi caps are on the Blade, kind of hard to pressurize them, they are just there to keep crud out of the lines. ;)

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
I went to tractor supply and picked up a pair of pioneer 2 way couplers and 2 1/2 inch hoses to bridge the gap between the plow hoses and 3rd function valve on loader.

The issue is, after I got home I noticed that the plow hose is 3/8 inch.

If I get hydraulic fittings to connect the 3/8 plow hoses to the 1/2 inch hoses I purchased, will that work, or should I return the hoses I purchased and get 3/8 inch ones?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I went to tractor supply and picked up a pair of pioneer 2 way couplers and 2 1/2 inch hoses to bridge the gap between the plow hoses and 3rd function valve on loader.

The issue is, after I got home I noticed that the plow hose is 3/8 inch.

If I get hydraulic fittings to connect the 3/8 plow hoses to the 1/2 inch hoses I purchased, will that work, or should I return the hoses I purchased and get 3/8 inch ones?
Yes you can adapt the 1/2" hoses to fit the 3/8 hoses and it will work, but then the connection is just that much more bulky and cumbersome, 3/8 to 3/8 is a much cleaner (smaller) connection. ;)

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
RJV, if the fittings are giving you headache, you can do a local search for a hydraulic hose shop in driving distance. If so, just walk in there with the fittings and tell them what you need they will make short work of it. I just went through this for a set of AG QD fittings i changed out. there are so many different kinds and sizes.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
What B737 said. Last year a nearby (really full-service) hardware store was able to make up new hoses that run from the plow cylinders to the FEL frame-mounted factory ends of the third function connection. It beat making short patched together hose runs.