Size Disc Harrow 47 hp Kubota MX 4700

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
What size disc Harrow should I consider for the above tractor. The spec of the tractor says max 2 bottom plow 16” max. Thanks[/QUOTE

What are you using it for? Food plot? Gardening? Corn field? How big of an area?

mbu

Aug 28, 2016
United States
The Owners Manual for your tractor should give you the manufacturers recommendations under the heading Implement Limitations.

The following information may not be of any help but..

I could not find a manual download for the mx4700 but the mx4800 recommended a 72-inch width.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
72 inch 3 point disc will cover your tracks. For a food plot I would look at the weight of the disc and get the heaviest that the tractor can lift. If you can not find a heavy weight make sure you can add some weight to improve the chopping ability of the disc. Add a log or a piece of an I-beam in order to get it to cut.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What size disc Harrow should I consider for the above tractor. The spec of the tractor says max 2 bottom plow 16” max. Thanks
A 6' should be OK if it is not too heavy.

SDT

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Another option for improved cut is to get one you can adjust the pitch.

It was free so I pull a 5' disk with my 46hp tractor, it does not know it is there but again it was free so I use it.

When cutting my plots for the first time each year I pitch the front to the max and tilt disk down in the front so rear is barely rolling dirt back in.

Disk once then in opposing direction. Set disk back to nearly level and straighten pitch back for smoothing and leveling.

This works great for me in my 3 acres of plots and 1 acre garden.

As far as a plow you can adjust the height you drop it until you get the dirt worked.

I only use plows when I want to turn in a lot of material such as grass, leaves, or if it was a fallow area. Otherwise turning up dirt from deep in my area lacks nutrients, most of which in my soil types is in top maybe 6 to 12 inches of soil.