New to tractors and need help deciding

BigDon

Sep 19, 2019
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Ok guys, went to the dealership today and sat on the B2601 and the L2501. I was glad I went back over there and took you guys advice of sitting on them. The L2501 I think is just going to be a tad too big for the property, not that I couldn’t make it work however that I have a lot of those pines and cedars in close proximity which will limit the ability to maneuver around. I was also glad the B2601 was setup next to a BX2680 so I got to actually see the true size difference. I have to say I was super impressed with the B2601, it just felt great and think that’s probably the one I’m going to go with.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Ok guys, went to the dealership today and sat on the B2601 and the L2501. I was glad I went back over there and took you guys advice of sitting on them. The L2501 I think is just going to be a tad too big for the property, not that I couldn’t make it work however that I have a lot of those pines and cedars in close proximity which will limit the ability to maneuver around. I was also glad the B2601 was setup next to a BX2680 so I got to actually see the true size difference. I have to say I was super impressed with the B2601, it just felt great and think that’s probably the one I’m going to go with.

that is basically what the dealer said when we were first looking at new tractors. B series for mid mount mower/pto or if you need smaller frame; otherwise standard L

BigDon

Sep 19, 2019
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Hey everyone, so I made the purchase today and got the B2601. They will deliver it this Wednesday, let’s just say the kids and I are super excited to get this machine on the property!!! I won’t to thank everyone again for all the information, it was extremely helpful and really went a long way in helping me decide what was the best tractor for me.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Congrat's! Post some pix when you get it home!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Congratulations. The new B2601 with the manifold coupler still hasn't been released in NZ, so I'm still waiting for my new tractor unfortunately. Quite jealous of you!!

BigDon

Sep 19, 2019
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Thanks All, I will post plenty of pics. The kid also wants to start doing videos for me so if they’re not too horrible maybe some will pop up on YouTube. Tehans I went with the box mainly because my driveway was very compacted, I wanted it to also move other things around on trails etc. and maybe even use the back blade for some snow removal etc down the road. So wanted more of an all purpose, hope that was the right choice.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don - congratulations!

That's a great combination. Look forward to pictures.

For the driveway, the box blade was the correct implement, if your's is anything like mine.

I would be lost without my BB..[emoji41]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Giving a BUMP to this to see if BIGDON will see this and post pics and or update on the B2601 ***8230;.

Last edited: