Broke on Sunday?

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Of course, that is when things break, on days when nothing is open. We're talking about a 2750 snowblower which was operating perfectly when suddenly the augers quite, no warning, no catastrophic shock or nothing. Initially the thought was shearing pins but the auger shaft spins freely without engaging the blower shaft. So here we are, snowblower disassembled and can't order parts till tomorrow. The broken part is the shaft that holds the fan, and goes into that mickey mouse transmission at the front of the blower. Snapped clean off just inside the housing. Anybody have any idea of the replacement cost? Part number is 70060-02190.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I am trying to split the transmission and have about 1/4" space in between the halves and now see that the right hand seal and bearing on the auger shaft are pulling into the case. Do I keep on going, or is there a snap ring of some type holding the seal onto the shaft. There seems to be a retaining ring inside the seal, but it is impossible to get at.

Kanook

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC Kubota RTV900
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
Of course, that is when things break, on days when nothing is open. We're talking about a 2750 snowblower which was operating perfectly when suddenly the augers quite, no warning, no catastrophic shock or nothing. Initially the thought was shearing pins but the auger shaft spins freely without engaging the blower shaft. So here we are, snowblower disassembled and can't order parts till tomorrow. The broken part is the shaft that holds the fan, and goes into that mickey mouse transmission at the front of the blower. Snapped clean off just inside the housing. Anybody have any idea of the replacement cost? Part number is 70060-02190.
I had exactly the same issue on a blower with less than 10 hrs on it...Dealer fixed on warranty....That is a stout shaft and there is no way it should snap like that...defective batch of shafts would be my guess

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
This is an older snowblower, seen quite a few years of use, so maybe the shaft just fatigued. Anyway, it came apart by just forcing the transmission halves apart (very carefully) and the shaft slid out of the bearing and seal on the right hand side. From there, getting the rest apart was fairly easy. Everything in the case looks pretty good, very little wear on the brass gear, but I did wreck one of the tapered roller bearings pulling it off the shaft. I should have removed the worm gear first and then just tapped the broken shaft out of the bearing. Well, live and learn. From the part numbers on the bearing, it should be available at a local bearing outlet.
Thanks to all who replied to this thread, this place is like a Kubota encyclopedia, to those of you old enough to remember what an encycopedia is.

Last edited:

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Check the uploaded manual on Kubotabooks. I just uploaded it last week...
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Snowblowers/&file=BX2750D OWNERS MANUAL.pdf

Parts are listed there. Mind you, there are a few different versions of the blower manual. This one is for blowers with serial number higher than 28xxxxx...

Or, go to the Kubota web site for parts illustrations and parts...
https://kubota.ca/en/parts-services/parts-catalogue/parts-finder
for Canadian clients...

No idea of costs, sorry...
Make sure you are using the proper shear pins. Wrong bolts can cause failure of other components...

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You'll have to give me the Whole model # of the blower as I can't find it, it should have a letter or two in front of and maybe behind the #'s. ;)

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Let me know if you end up scrapping the entire transmission. I snapped the brass gear on mine but shafts and bearings are fine. The worm gear set is $600 and the entire transmission with shafts bearings and seals is only $700.

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Can you post a few pictures of the areas where the shear bolts are and of the shear bolts that you are using and have not yet failed.

Your and even the newest Kubota blowers are built by RAD in Quebec and painted orange, green , etc for different manufacturers to call their own product. It is embarrassing, as a proud Canadian, to have to admit a Canadian company is building this junk! http://www.radinter.com/snow-blowers.

There are many product improvements on RAD blowers. And the newest ones are much better than the original ones. My neighbor paid the Kubota dealer $1,500 to upgrade his older RAD blower. He is a dentist so not a big problem for him but for the average guy an unreasonable sum.

When you see the blower's gear box between the two halves of an auger what you are buying is a glorified walk behind snow blower.

Look at specific details of this front mounted blower made by Smyth Welding.

The auger is one piece with a shear bolt protected chain drive on one end and a gear box using serious bevel gears behind the fan. The gears are hardened steel not a brass worm gear like your failed shaft one. This is the design for blowers on 300 hp tractors.

Dave M7040

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Ok, the blower is a BX2750D, serial number 21218069. Not sure how old it is because the tractor and blower were bought used. It has worked well till now and has broken shear pins when they should have sheared and has also broken them for no reason at all. Here are some pics of the damage.

Attachments

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Double whammy on this breakdown. Initially blower self destructed on a Sunday, so no joy there. Ordered the new parts on Monday, only to be told the drive shaft is on back order til mid February. Today we got a foot of snow, so back to the basics using the neighbors walk behind snow blower. Do you feel my pain?