LED's on the FEL

TiggerToo

Equipment
Kubota B2650, snow blower, back blade, FEL, land plane
May 14, 2016
Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada
Has anyone mounted LED lights on their front end loader? I find using the tractor at night the bucket works great for blocking the head lights on the tractor.

Just looking for some ideas and pics.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well there TT I have mine mounted on the ROPS 2 forward one back,, if you do a search in the site you will find a gazillion different ways, guys have mounted lights,, and there some really super installations too. Just let your mind run wild and see what happens,, and welcome to the Orange

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My old ugly cockshutt has lights on the loader. They work very well, but it was mentioned it looks very odd from a distance at night when im piling snow. Guess lights get rather high and start pointing upwards as i raise loader.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
LED lights on the ROPS work really well and will take less power and more light then the head lights. I had the same problem with the snowblower and plume from the snowblower blocking and reflecting the light back. I unplugged the headlights so I could still have the instrument lights and have never plugged them back in. I think the higher angle light from the ROPS or top of the cab lights up the work area better than low mounted head lights or lights on the fel. If you don't have a cab, the ROPS lights will also give you some incidental light in the area around the seat.

TiggerToo

Equipment
May 14, 2016
Forgot to mention that my B2650 does have a cab with lights mounted on top. Having said that its still dark up front. Was thinking of mounting lights on the bucket its self, but I can't seem to find any pics or info where anyone has done that. I like that idea of unplugging the lights on the front and just using the cab light up top. Gonna give that a try and see what things look like.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
TT this is on Paul's aka wildfire, 5740, bigger but still same idea,, around 8 min he starts with the lights,, BIG TME LEDS lights he has tons of mods he has done to his tractors,, Im pretty sure you can get some ideas from his stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTFZDmgziU

TiggerToo

Equipment
May 14, 2016
Just finished watching the link and I think I will get me one of those LED bars for the top of the cab. Its like having the power of the sun. It was very interesting to see when he had the LED light bar on that turning on/off the regular lights made no difference. That LED bar IS bright.

Thanks for the info.

Tim