What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Well the tree stumps finally fought back while I was grading my property today trying to get rid of a leftover pile of fill! Stump rolled back and fell against my grill guard and it pushed against my hood. 12 hours in and got the first dent out of the way! First one is always the hardest.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Put some paint on it to stop rust and know it may be the first, but wont be the last. Better a dent in the hood then your head. Its not damage, but experience.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Finished the backyard bed today. Got another 8yds of mulch delivered and used the big orange wheelbarrow to move it down.
The 2 large Rhododendrons were given to me years ago by a friend in the landscaping business. He pulled them out of a commercial job he was doing and was going to dump them. I planted them, bare root and all, and they have done very well. I added the 5 mountain laurel and 4 azalias as well as making the bed.

backyard_bed 20220527_140358_resized.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I added lock washers below the jamb nuts for the top link, RH link and 2 for each set of turnbuckles. I got these at TSC. They are best fit (English units).
The jamb nuts seem to back out often while bushhogging. The RH link nut backed out the other day. It looked like the bushhog was plowing dirt on that side.
I am surprised Kubota doesn't include dual nuts or lockwashers for those points.

Attachments

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
A neighbor asked me to pull a few bushes for him today and the grapple made quick work of it. A few hours to spread 8 yards of mulch was the most use the bucket has gotten so far.

Nothing exciting recently…….back to clearing more downed trees later this coming week as I enjoy my 1st vacation of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went of to the farm. Started out with routine maintenence. Me and the shield on the mower was not getting along. After struggling, the shield no longer creates me an issue.
20220528_091019.jpg

Once I got the shield problem resolved, had to take out the zerk and clean it up and got it working and reinstalled. Now the joint on the shaft at the gearbox is lubed.

Got everything mowed. Find a dead deer along the creek and its body was well picked over.

Got home and was unloading the SUV and Max thought he needed to go for a ride.

20220528_130700.jpg

Problem was that my daughter was taking him for a ride in her car, so he was a little confused with which vehicle he should be in.

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I messed around for way longer than I wanted to moving implements so that I could hook up the RCR1884 to the M6060. After a lot of trouble trying to get the QH15 and RCR1884 to play nice together, and finally thinking I had it, I then realized that there would be interference between the PTO shaft the Quick Hitch so I removed the QH and finally got everything connected and made a few test passes.

Then I realized that I have a lot to learn running a rotary cutter behind the M6060. :cautious: According to one YouTube channel I watch, it'll take around 50 hours to get used to running a tractor with an hydraulic shuttle. I don't mean puttering along, but doing various tasks like hooking up to an implement, moving dirt, running a mower etc. There's definitely a bigger learning curve compared to an HST tractor.

m6060_rcr1884.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We had a good day of rain yesterday so i ripped up the driveway again and spread out the rest of my stone. Back dragged with the bucket and got it leveled out. Hooked up the RFM after that and mowed about 7 acres of grass. Just got the mower off and tiller on and the rain stared again.
20220528_175147.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I knew that it was something different than what I normally see here in the non-glaciated South. We have our Cedar, but a different variety. ;)
What “we” likely have is not actually cedar…but is a juniper. Similar but not the same.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Put some paint on it to stop rust and know it may be the first, but wont be the last. Better a dent in the hood then your head. Its not damage, but experience.
At least you didn’t lift it so-high as to end up like THIS guy!

F9548C15-68A7-42E1-909F-37642528A6E8.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
After 9 months of waiting, the backhoe was installed to the tractor and delivered Friday. Of course, it was raining and couldn't try it out. Had good weather today. Got her out and tried digging out stumps. The hoe is pretty wimpy on power, but it didn't take very long to figure out how to use it correctly. 5 pretty decent stumps removed in a few hours and on the burn pile! About 40 to go. Ha! I've got stuff to do again! Yes, could just rent an excavator and get most of them done in a day, but what fun would that be! lol
backhoe.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
After a lot of trouble trying to get the QH15 and RCR1884 to play nice together, and finally thinking I had it, I then realized that there would be interference between the PTO shaft the Quick Hitch
this is disappointing to learn. I'm assuming the PTO shaft was riding up against the cross member of the QH? why is it doing that? Would the larger heavy duty QHs address this conflict, like QH20 or 30??

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I messed around for way longer than I wanted to moving implements so that I could hook up the RCR1884 to the M6060. After a lot of trouble trying to get the QH15 and RCR1884 to play nice together, and finally thinking I had it, I then realized that there would be interference between the PTO shaft the Quick Hitch so I removed the QH and finally got everything connected and made a few test passes.

Then I realized that I have a lot to learn running a rotary cutter behind the M6060. :cautious: According to one YouTube channel I watch, it'll take around 50 hours to get used to running a tractor with an hydraulic shuttle. I don't mean puttering along, but doing various tasks like hooking up to an implement, moving dirt, running a mower etc. There's definitely a bigger learning curve compared to an HST tractor.

View attachment 80900
Man, you live in a beautiful place!

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
this is disappointing to learn. I'm assuming the PTO shaft was riding up against the cross member of the QH? why is it doing that? Would the larger heavy duty QHs address this conflict, like QH20 or 30??
I was frustrated yesterday. I have so many concurrent projects going on and it's possible that I screwed up and made things more complicated than they needed to be. One source of frustration was that I couldn't see the QH connection points when backing up. I'm starting to tear down the collapsed barn today but will look at the QH again, and bring a tape measure, and see if in my frustration I missed the obvious.

I thought that the PTO driveshaft was or would interfere with the QH when I raised the rotary cutter but I might be wrong about that. I'll report back.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Man, you live in a beautiful place!
And you could too. My neighbor on 160 acres just put the 46 acre section next to me on the market for $925k. It's a lovely spot and I'm sure someone will snap it up. I would love to buy it, but as a single guy on one income it's out of my price range. I've been able to enjoy it for the past 8 years without footing the bill, but it's disappointing that my neighbor, who lives in PA and who certainly doesn't need the money, has decided to sell it.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Put the backhoe on the Little Mule and got to work pulling the 11 posts out of the hay fields. Discovered can't drive two tractors at once, so put in a bit of walking back and forth between them, one to dig, the other to carry the posts. Next up, moving a hydrant 120'.

Just for fun pointed both tractors at each other and took a picture.

IMG_7643[1].JPG

Once I get the hydrant moved, I got to get the baler out of the barn and do some repairs on it, and hopefully get a chance to work on clearing out a section of the barn to put up the shelving to store the implements on. Also need to take the bakhoe off, put the rough cut on, and mow the fence line to get rid of a bunch of brambles. Its the one place I can't go with the L4060, too many trees. I do need to trim a couple before I mow the field so the cab clears.

work work work

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
And you could too. My neighbor on 160 acres just put the 46 acre section next to me on the market for $925k. It's a lovely spot and I'm sure someone will snap it up. I would love to buy it, but as a single guy on one income it's out of my price range. I've been able to enjoy it for the past 8 years without footing the bill, but it's disappointing that my neighbor, who lives in PA and who certainly doesn't need the money, has decided to sell it.
Wow, $925k could buy a good part of my town :oops:…being kind of a smart aleck.

We are very rural, older, and poor generally. We don’t have the beautiful scenery you have, but it is a nice looking place.

We do get a lot of buying pressure from the NYC/metro area, most with much more cash than the locals. We’re about 3-4 hours from the NYC area.

Sounds similar to the PA neighbor you have out there.