Landscape rake mod

rgk66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower
Jul 29, 2017
Muskegon, MI
I rake/clear numerous trails in my woods and got tired of looking back all the time to monitor the 3 pt rake. I now mount it in the loader bucket, much easier to monitor and control. I used 2 pcs of 3x3 angle iron and leave one bolted in the bucket all the time.As you see I try to follow the KISS principal:)

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, would draggin a heavy C channel and old tire chains work for you ? I run one on the driveways here, makes them look real purdy..smooth, flat too

rgk66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower
Jul 29, 2017
Muskegon, MI
Bird Dogger, thanks

Greensville, When I tried dragging something behind the tractor it loaded up with tree debris, leaves, etc. On my open gravel drive I use a 3 pt float I made from some scrap c channel and part of an old back blade I had laying around. (made for function not show :D) I agree the c channel works very good at leveling and smoothing the gravel.

Attachments

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Hey that looks pretty cool, plus you get to drive on the smooth path.

jnyost

Sep 12, 2017
Central Ohio
Love the idea. I use a rake in my woods as well but often spin it around the other way so it doesn't catch roots and angle it just a little bit. It seems to spring the stuff right off the path.

I thought of mounting a QA hitch to a skit steer plate so I could use implements that way because I'm getting tired of turning around also.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Great idea! I've held off buying a rake because I didn't want to dismount the backhoe to mount it. With your setup, I wouldn't have to.