Will any three point blower fit any tractor? What are the factors?

suddenstop

Equipment
Kubota L3301, front bucket, rear hoe, landpride auger
Aug 17, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Newbie question here but I appreciate any responses. I'm looking to purchase a used (possibly new) blower for my L3301. The Kubota site shows a few models that would fit. I'm looking for something around 64" as I feel the 72" blower would be working the machine to hard in a wet snow.

Anyways, can I fit any three point mounted blower in this size range? or only the models the kubota site says are compatible.

What makes them unique this this tractor? It it just PTO length? Can I not just shop around for any 3 point blower within the right sizing and PTO speeds and get the PTO drive to fit?

Are their any other factors I am not considering?

Thanks again!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Cat 2 won't "fit" a Cat 1 tractor. It can be made to fit though.

PTO shaft length always needs attention .

It all depends on what you describe as "fits".

a 96" blower doesn't "fit" on a 15 hp garden tractor.
nor does a 36" blower "fit" on a 150 hp Ag tractor.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
You should be able to run a Land Pride SB1064 which is a 64" model that will work with a tractor with your PTO HP.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You want a category 1 blower.

Lots of options, driven by width.

Ed Ritchey gave a great place to start looking.

Land Pride is owned by Kubota, and their equipment seems pretty good, per the many owners here.

I'm pretty sure Ed is one of those satisfied customers, and he is quite well-versed with this kind of stuff.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

suddenstop

Equipment
Kubota L3301, front bucket, rear hoe, landpride auger
Aug 17, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the quick replies. So if I find another category 1 blower in the 64" range how do I ensure the PTO shaft length works with my L3301?

Or

Am I correct to assume any cat 1 blower in this size range will work?

The reason I ask is I am searching the used market in my area and want to expand my searches to include other makes and models.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Few, if any, 3pt attachments are "tractor specific". You can use any brand of attachment you like or find a good deal on. As noted before, look for an attachment that matches your 3pth, IE: Cat 1, Cat 2, whatever. Your Kubota manual will give you recommended MAXIMUM sizes for various attachments.

PTO shafts almost always need to be adjusted for proper fit, usually by cutting a little off each section. That said, if you are considering a quick hitch to make it easier to swap attachments, get it first, before you cut the PTO shaft. Ask me how I know!

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
M.K. Martin's "Meteor" 3 point snowblower line is made in Canada so you might want to check them out. I have had one on my B7500 for 15 years with no issues.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
We always have a litany of 3pt blowers on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace in the Fall and Winter. There are several vids on measuring and cutting PTO to proper length.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
M.K. Martin's "Meteor" 3 point snowblower line is made in Canada so you might want to check them out. I have had one on my B7500 for 15 years with no issues.

Am I correct in saying that some of the Kubota snowblowers are of Canadian manufacture?
Seems like my BX2750D is....I’m just not coming up with the manufacturer’s name off the top of my head.....(happens more as I get older..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Am I correct in saying that some of the Kubota snowblowers are of Canadian manufacture?
Seems like my BX2750D is....I’m just not coming up with the manufacturer’s name off the top of my head.....(happens more as I get older..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know who makes the snowblower attachments for Kubota. I bought my blower with the tractor from a Kubota dealer but it is painted red and labeled as a "meteor".

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't know who makes the snowblower attachments for Kubota. I bought my blower with the tractor from a Kubota dealer but it is painted red and labeled as a "meteor".
Quick search found RAD Tech. Canadian. Don't know how many they did, or if still are. Your mention of Meteor made me think of them. Seems like they had a model or product line named Meteor...

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Most people match the blower to the rear tire width. That should keep you in the Category 1 blowers by default. I ran 72" blower just fine behind an L3410 HST.
The HST makes using larger blowers easier, as you can operate at slower speeds when conditions dictate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Greetings, suddenstop. We're practically neighbors. I also spend a lot of vacation time on the North Shore of Superior in the Grand Marais, Mn area. Will have to get up to Thunder Bay sometime in the near future, too!!

If you get wind driven, hard packed snow ever, like we sometimes do here in North Dakota then a Lorenz brand snow blower might be worth looking into. I believe they are still being made somewhere in Minnesota. I've had one for the past 30 years and it's a terrific snow blower. Instead of a circular auger/s for the first stage it employs offset "paddles" that break up and feed the snow into the 2nd stage blower. Those paddles really do a number on busting up hard packed or any snow vs. a round auger trying to scrape its way through the same.

My 5 foot blower is presently mounted on my Kubota B2650. It would be an awesome machine mounted on your tractor. I'm betting you might find some used ones up in your area being right next door to Minn. If you google "Lorenz snow blower" you'll see pics of their build. If after 30 years of use here in North Dakota mine would get a new paint job it would still look as good as day one when new. Built like a tank! :D