New guy, first tractor, cant decide

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I was in a similar dilemma - I have a bit more land (about 14 acres) but I had been going back and forth between BX and B series and what do I "really" need. One thing that that helped me was to go to the dealer and test drive the models I was looking at. This was advice I took from a Messicks video - Neil said to put your butt in the seat and test it out. You may decide that a BX is perfect for your needs but then when you actually have a seat in it change your mind, or maybe a B2650 is what you decide on but then feel the tractor is just too big to navigate some spots.

For me when I drove a little BX around I just didn't like the feel and digging (my dealer had a dirt pile for me to play in :D) with it just seemed to be a little too much work for it. When I tried the B2650 it was what closed the deal for me. A little more on the monthly payments but I felt good with what I was able to do with it. Those test drives sealed the deal and really helped finalize my decision.

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
It took me 3 years and purchasing a beat up B1550 first before I could finally decide on what I wanted! I over analyze all big purchases and did this as well. I agree with getting to the dealer and sitting on the units and operating. I started with a BX25 and soon decided that wasn't going to work for what I wanted. I ended up with a B2601 w MMM/backhoe/third function on the loader. I only have 1.6 acres and I mow and find uses for it almost every weekend.

I checked out all the other brands as well, Kioti, Mahindra, New Holland, Massey, Cub Cadet, John Deere, and none of them gave the value and quality that Kubota did. For what you want to do I really think the 26/2301 will fit the bill well.

MotorCityBear

Equipment
L3901
Aug 3, 2019
Blairsville, GA
Well, I DID IT!!!

Just ordered an L3901 with a FEL, rotary cutter and pallet forks, canopy and cruise control.

Should be here late next week. Can’t wait!

Thanks for the advice and information.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nice choice. You should get years of service from it and have lots of enjoyment with it.

Congrats on the new purchase.