More fiddling with the new BX2380

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I've decided that the little guy needs the obligatory ROPS lights as well as a trailer plug in the rear to power a sprayer. The grandkids decided it needs a horn as well.:)

I have always liked the Carling series of rocker switches called the Contura. I have used them for years on everything from mowers to boats to trucks to tractors. Never had one fail yet.

The problem in this application became the fact that the BX is pretty streamlined and most surfaces are either too small or too convex to accommodate these switches. I always like to do things such that I can easily return to OEM configuration if need be.

Here is what I came up with. Who really needs a tiny glove box anyway?:rolleyes:

Don't know what has changed here. My pictures will only show up as links as of the past week.

Attachments

Last edited:

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Nice work! You should make a bunch of those & sell them!

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Finally got to try it out today. Actually ended up working better than I had hoped. Had the 40 gallon sprayer mounted (sorry, no pictures) spraying the yard. When spraying, I tended to steer with my right hand and hold the left grab handle with my left hand.

I found that to operate the switch for the sprayer outlet I didn't have to take my hand off of the grab handle...just flipped the switch on and off with my thumb. Very comfortable location.