Can I add top n tilt this way?

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Did you t the return into the hydraulic block or did you find a plug in the case to return it too?

I haven’t had a chance to really look at mine, it needs all the mud and grass sprayed off of it to get a better look.
Tee, I'll look up what fitting I used. I also changed the tank hose on the FEL to a straight fitting. The elbow was not useful.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Can I use the hoses\ports that go to my backhoe? Can I just connect them to https://www.amazon.com/Prince-MB21B...rds=MB21BB5C1&qid=1565180576&s=gateway&sr=8-1 and then connect to a hydraulic top link?
I have a B3200 2012 model with BH76 hoe.
Yes you can, but if you read back through this thread it not just plug and play into the backhoe ports. You will need the power beyond plug for the valve you linked. Use your pressure line into the the hoe to feed your valve, power beyond port from the valve back to your back hoe return port, then a third hose for the tank line off the valve.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
And if you go back to post 15, Wolfman linked a valve that has a float position. That will be the one I will use.

leelaw

Equipment
B3200; BH76; Toro Workman
Jul 29, 2019
Crossville, TN, USA
Yes you can, but if you read back through this thread it not just plug and play into the backhoe ports. You will need the power beyond plug for the valve you linked. Use your pressure line into the the hoe to feed your valve, power beyond port from the valve back to your back hoe return port, then a third hose for the tank line off the valve.
Does the valve I quoted have the necessary ports? (I see where the description states, "Field convertible to power beyond and closed center") What does this mean? Where would the third hose physically attach on my tractor?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

leelaw

Equipment
B3200; BH76; Toro Workman
Jul 29, 2019
Crossville, TN, USA
https://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/iPrinceMBValves.pdf

Here’s the instructions for that valve. You will need to get the plug for the power beyond. Third hose will either be Teed into the tank line at the hydraulic block like micheal referenced or find a plug in the case to return it to the tank (unsure if there is a plug you can use on your particular model)
Thank you! It is starting to become clearer, although I don't fully understand why the hoe works without the third line. I assume that it has something to do with the fact that you can't really use the 3pt hitch with the hoe attached.

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Thank you! It is starting to become clearer, although I don't fully understand why the hoe works without the third line. I assume that it has something to do with the fact that you can't really use the 3pt hitch with the hoe attached.
That is pretty much it. 3rd functions also don't have a return, yet you can use the 3pt at the same time. Weird. However, be prudent and get the power beyond port plug.