Can I add top n tilt this way?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Considering adding top n tilt to my L3200 and wondering if this will work. Can I take a valve like this
https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...ol-8-GPM-Prince-MB21BB5C1-DA-Valve-9-7862.axd

And run my power beyond hose for the back hoe into the valve with a quick connect then run another hose back to the return port for the back hoe?

Then put quick connects on the ports for the valves to connect the hoses for the tnt cylinders?

Or is it more complicated then that?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
You should use a power beyond type valve. So yes to how you want to run the hoses, just need to put in the power beyond plug and run a return to tank line. (3 lines total from the new valve)

I highly recommend that you get at least one of the valves, if not both (preferred) with the float feature. The float feature allows for several types of tasks to be done much easier than without. ;)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You should use a power beyond type valve. So yes to how you want to run the hoses, just need to put in the power beyond plug and run a return to tank line. (3 lines total from the new valve)

I highly recommend that you get at least one of the valves, if not both (preferred) with the float feature. The float feature allows for several types of tasks to be done much easier than without. ;)
The valve would only be connected when back hoe is removed from tractor, with the backhoe attached the cylinders need to be removed anyways so I thought just putting a quick connect on the inlet to the valve and a quick connect on the outlet with a jumper hose back to the back hoe return, so it would either be the valve in the circuit or the back hoe in the circuit but not both at the same time. If that makes sense? So would I still need the power beyond plug in the valve? Sorry I’m a little hydraulically challenged. Thanks

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Using the hose with the red cap to feed the valve and a return hose from the valve to the return with the blue cap, that return hose would be removed for back hoe use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
The valve would only be connected when back hoe is removed from tractor, with the backhoe attached the cylinders need to be removed anyways so I thought just putting a quick connect on the inlet to the valve and a quick connect on the outlet with a jumper hose back to the back hoe return, so it would either be the valve in the circuit or the back hoe in the circuit but not both at the same time. If that makes sense? So would I still need the power beyond plug in the valve? Sorry I’m a little hydraulically challenged. Thanks
Yes, do power beyond. Backhoe hoses become inlet and PB. Depending on where you mount your valve, you may be able to run the long hose directly to a QD on the valve. You will need a short hose to reach the other QD. You need a tank line as well. This will require you to tee into the tank line from the FEL. Not hard, but finding fittings that work and are compact enough to not be a hazard is a mild challenge. I replaced my FEL tank hose to get rid of the elbow and found a swivel tee that worked.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you should add the third line to get it to work safely and properly.

The BH valve setup, has a build in bypass, that a spool valve does not have a bypass so you need to add a tank line to make it safe and stable.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thank y’all for the replies! Instead of trying to tee into the tank line can I put an elbow where this plug is in the bottom of the block that appears to go into the tank line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I’ve been trying to find a valve with float on one spool at least.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...trol-valve-rld-series-25-gpm-2-spool-3000-psi

Found this, but I don’t see where it has the option for power beyond. Instead of using my backhoe loop, can I just T into the feed for the load and the tank return at the block under the floor board? Thanks again!
No you can not tee into any feed lines they must be a loop, except the tank line that line you can tee into. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The valve you picked is much too high of GPM, and not sure of PB capabilities, the drawbacks too high of GPM's on a valve valves are the lack of finer / smoother control and the requirement for huge lines.

This valve set up, no float (I personally rarely use float on these setups) :

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...ol-8-GPM-Prince-MB21BB5C1-DA-Valve-9-7862.axd

Or this valve setup with float on one valve:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...rince-MB21GB5C1-DA-Valve-w-Float-9-7862-F.axd

Are much better options. ;)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The valve you picked is much too high of GPM, and not sure of PB capabilities, the drawbacks too high of GPM's on a valve valves are the lack of finer / smoother control and the requirement for huge lines.

This valve set up, no float (I personally rarely use float on these setups) :

Or this valve setup with float on one valve:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...rince-MB21GB5C1-DA-Valve-w-Float-9-7862-F.axd

Are much better options. ;)

Thank you Wolfman!

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Just ask if you have questions. I did this on my MX4800 and your tractor is similar. Locating the valve was my biggest problem and I'm still not happy with my solution as the hoses take a real tight bend to work. I wish I had the ability to bend hard lines. That would be way better and why OEM solutions are easier to fit. (But more expensive, obviously)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just ask if you have questions. I did this on my MX4800 and your tractor is similar. Locating the valve was my biggest problem and I'm still not happy with my solution as the hoses take a real tight bend to work. I wish I had the ability to bend hard lines. That would be way better and why OEM solutions are easier to fit. (But more expensive, obviously)
Did you t the return into the hydraulic block or did you find a plug in the case to return it too?

I haven’t had a chance to really look at mine, it needs all the mud and grass sprayed off of it to get a better look.