"This Connection is not Secure"

tightwoods

May 28, 2019
Pennsylvania
When I log in I get the message "This Connection is not Secure". Typing "https://" before orangetractortalks.com shows "Secure Connection Failed".

Is there a "secure" version of orangetractortalks.com? Do I need to be concerned? Thank you.:confused:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When I log in I get the message "This Connection is not Secure". Typing "https://" before orangetractortalks.com shows "Secure Connection Failed".

Is there a "secure" version of orangetractortalks.com? Do I need to be concerned? Thank you.:confused:
the forum software is a older version - I would NOT let this bother you. Several have mentioned this in the past. Nothing to worry about on this site ...other than the ads;) - and those can be omitted too!:p

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not at all, we have not evolved to the new standard yet. ;)
Fine with me...lol I run Trend Microsecurity Agent on the front end anyway.

If there was any cause for alarm. Trend would notify me. They never have. It's all good.

Trend makes Norton look (and act) like a rock. It's not cheap but it's worth it.

I get zero intrusions, no dark web issues either plus it don't slow down and loading.

99% of the junk I never see. Trend deletes it before it even gets on this computer.

I do really like my solid state chipset hard drive too. Never defraggle it, just let it go and no heat or noise (from a spinning platter either) silent always.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Note to admin: Forum software upgrades are not required. It is relatively simple to set up a free HTTPS certificate through https://letsencrypt.org/

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm not a computer tech kind of person. I got a computer because years ago I was told it would save time and paper and eventually help my memory of where thing are.

When I got that message (This Connection is not Secure) I though it was a warning about the type of folks who use this forum, their personality, what they might say, and how. And I'm a member, so I figured no big deal!

Now you're telling me it's got something to do with that computer stuff?

I'm reporting this to Skeets. He handles all that type of stuff on this forum!:confused:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I'm not a computer tech kind of person. I got a computer because years ago I was told it would save time and paper and eventually help my memory of where thing are.

When I got that message (This Connection is not Secure) I though it was a warning about the type of folks who use this forum, their personality, what they might say, and how. And I'm a member, so I figured no big deal!

Now you're telling me it's got something to do with that computer stuff?

I'm reporting this to Skeets. He handles all that type of stuff on this forum!:confused:
D2, you sure Skeet’s is a round enough person to handle this?