Let's see those chainsaw mounts!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Made this quick and dirty out of some scrap Azek (Plastic House Trim) . Its got a 1/8" plate steel backing that i welded to the loader upright. Azek part is bolted to that and the bolts also help hold the layers together. There is a place to put a wrench and file too.

Fiddlin Farmer

Equipment
2003 Kubota L3430, Land Pride 7' finish mower, Land Pride 6' grader box
Apr 22, 2019
West Central IN
Chuck Norris never needed one. Carried it in his teeth!
I thought Chuck Norris just used his teeth instead of the chainsaw. ;)

I will definitely be building something like one of these. When I go out to clear brush and work trails, I'll be using my bucket or soon-to-purchase grapple extensively, so storing in my bucket wouldn't work so well.

I will certainly be following this thread to get more ideas. Thanks for the pix, everyone!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Chuck Norris had a Styrofoam chainsaw, just like Clint Eastwood used a 357 / 38 special with blanks in his films. 44 RM kicked to hard for him (puzzy)....:eek:

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Made this quick and dirty out of some scrap Azek (Plastic House Trim) . Its got a 1/8" plate steel backing that i welded to the loader upright. Azek part is bolted to that and the bolts also help hold the layers together. There is a place to put a wrench and file too.

https://i.imgur.com/6eAwNC1.jpg?1[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7viPqDa.jpg?1[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/R8228oc.jpg?1[img][/QUOTE]

I like that one, simple and effective and looks to be very unobtrusive. Nicely done. I might be borrowing that idea, i have some recycled deck "lumber" around here.
Did you just fire up the saw, and let it chew the channel out? Or did you form it by hand, or with something else?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I like that one, simple and effective and looks to be very unobtrusive. Nicely done. I might be borrowing that idea, i have some recycled deck "lumber" around here.
Did you just fire up the saw, and let it chew the channel out? Or did you form it by hand, or with something else?
If you look close at the second pic side view you can see the different layers making it up like a sandwich.

I just cut the different layers then screwed them together, I made a steel mount which isnt very visible but basically an 1/8" plate with 4 nuts welded in specific spots so I could run 4" bolts through the several layers and into the steel backing.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
If you look close at the second pic side view you can see the different layers making it up like a sandwich.

I just cut the different layers then screwed them together, I made a steel mount which isnt very visible but basically an 1/8" plate with 4 nuts welded in specific spots so I could run 4" bolts through the several layers and into the steel backing.
Ahh yep. I thought it was only 2 deep, then 2 smaller pieces for the standoffs. I see what ya did. I like it, should last for quite some time.:cool:

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
I toss mine in the loader bucket, always have.
Except for pallet forks make for one of the best logging implements there are, for picking up and moving fallen trees for easier chainsaw cutting, stacking and moving long logs, picking up brush piles, etc.

Sawhaul makes a nice mount that attaches to the FEL supports

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
I've posted my version before but here it is again. It is made from Uni-strut and sleeved with wood. I have since added a top brace bolted to the FEL hyd. valve support to control vibration, not shown in these older photos.

Attachments

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Sheath is pinned to back of tool box (between pvc pipe), then bungie cord around saw housing for transport. I do not drive fast on rough terrain, good & secure to get me to back land.