BX2370 wheel spacers

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I just put 1.5" wheel spacers on my bx25d tonight, hopefully it wont stress the axles too much and make the tractor more stable on inclines

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just be careful on those from E bay. I bought a set and had to do some machine work on them to make them work. If I did not have a lathe, they would not have worked.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
I bought these for my BX1860 and for my neighbor's BX2350. They work great. I bought these last December and installed them on both tractors. For $39.99 and free shipping they cannot be beat. Quality of the spacers is excellent.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FD6FASM/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Well...it's time for me. I haven't come too close to scaring myself.....as the mower deck itself provides some much needed lateral support.... but I def want some spacers on my new BX2380 for my sloped property. My question is whether these will fit a BX2380? I'm assuming so....but just want to make sure before I buy them. And if not.....anyone got a better link for Amazon spacers?

Edit: I should clarify....I want to buy the 2 inch version of these if avialable .....or something similar for 2 inch spacers. Is the 5x4.5 number all I need to worry about or what about whole size?

Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/ECCPP-Hubcen...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Well...it's time for me. I haven't come too close to scaring myself.....as the mower deck itself provides some much needed lateral support.... but I def want some spacers on my new BX2380 for my sloped property. My question is whether these will fit a BX2380? I'm assuming so....but just want to make sure before I buy them. And if not.....anyone got a better link for Amazon spacers?

Edit: I should clarify....I want to buy the 2 inch version of these if avialable .....or something similar for 2 inch spacers. Is the 5x4.5 number all I need to worry about or what about whole size?
If you take a close look at the attached photo you will see that the lip on the center of the wheel spacer is slightly smaller than the center hole on the tractor wheel rim. That is okay. That lip on the center of the spacer does not interfere with the tractor wheel fitting on it. If that lip on the center of the spacer were larger than the center hole of the tractor wheel then you would have a problem. I looked at the spacer in the link that you provided, and in my opinion you should not have a problem with those spacers.

As a side note, if you are considering getting spacers for the front wheels, do yourself a favor and forget about them. They will not do anything for you in terms of stability for the tractor. I had them on the front of my tractor and took them off. I could have saved that money if I had listened to Wolfman's advice concerning the front spacers.

Attachments

Last edited:

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
If you take a close look at the attached photo you will see that the lip on the center of the wheel spacer is slightly smaller than the center hole on the tractor wheel rim. That is okay. That lip on the center of the spacer does not interfere with the tractor wheel fitting on it. If that lip on the center of the spacer were larger than the center hole of the tractor wheel then you would have a problem. I looked at the spacer in the link that you provided, and in my opinion you should not have a problem with those spacers.

As a side note, if you are considering getting spacers for the front wheels, do yourself a favor and forget about them. They will not do anything for you in terms of stability for the tractor. I had them on the front of my tractor and took them off. I could have saved that money if I had listened to Wolfman's advice concerning the front spacers.
Not looking to do the front...just the rears. Is there a way, other than eye balling it to determine how wide the lip is?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I just measured mine. The lip is 2 3/4" across measuring the outside diameter.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have scoured ebay looking for 1.5" spacers to fit my BX2370. My center hole is 3.125" or 79.375mm. I can't find anything close.
Any of you guys mind posting a link to what you found?
I ordered a pair of these 1.25 inch ones off Amazon for $39.99 (with free shipping) and they fit my spare rear wheels almost perfectly, with about maybe 1 mm of clearance. I have not installed them yet.

Of course the hubcentric part on these is 71.5 mm, which is smaller diameter than your Wheel hole.

RockTrix 2pcs 1.25 inch Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers (71.5mm bore, 1/2x20 Studs) Compati... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KPIUC7C/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_Yl4eFb...

BUT in another thread someone mentioned the BX wheels are LUG CENTRIC and NOT hub centric. Looks that way to me, but I have not had my wheels off in ages.

Anyway, the point is if the BX wheels are lug centric, as long as the hubcentric diameter is smaller than the hole in your wheel, you should be able to use the spacers.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I ordered a pair of these 1.25 inch ones off Amazon for $39.99 (with free shipping) and they fit my spare rear wheels almost perfectly, with about maybe 1 mm of clearance. I have not installed them yet.

Of course the hubcentric part on these is 71.5 mm, which is smaller diameter than your Wheel hole.

RockTrix 2pcs 1.25 inch Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers (71.5mm bore, 1/2x20 Studs) Compati... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KPIUC7C/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_Yl4eFb...

BUT in another thread someone mentioned the BX wheels are LUG CENTRIC and NOT hub centric. Looks that way to me, but I have not had my wheels off in ages.

Anyway, the point is if the BX wheels are lug centric, as long as the hubcentric diameter is smaller than the hole in your wheel, you should be able to use the spacers.
Just a follow up. The BX wheels are lug centric (or wheel centric) so either type of spacer will work.

I installed the spacers I ordered yesterday and they worked perfectly.

With hub centric spacers on the BX I see one potential advantage. You could double them up to get extra width if you wanted. The hub centric part locks two spacers together well, even with out lug nuts (in a test on the table).

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I would love to go with 3" spacers on my BX23S, but if my 54" mmm limits me to 1.25 then I dont think Ill even bother.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
I bought a set off e bay. They did not have the inner lip cutout for the rim. I have a lathe so I fixed that. If yours don't have that cutout, they may come loose later, check them.
Thanks for the heads up. I,ll check them next time I get the tractor out of the garage. Cheers

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I bought a set off e bay. They did not have the inner lip cutout for the rim. I have a lathe so I fixed that. If yours don't have that cutout, they may come loose later, check them.
Could you explain this a little more?

BXHoosier posted a picture above of a spacer that is not hub centric on his BX. Since BX wheels are lug centric seems like this should work fine.

The other spacers mentioned are hub centric, but this has no effect in the mounting of the spacer to the hub, which is not hub centric. And the lip that enters the wheel is actually a bit smaller than the wheel hole (by a couple mm in my case) so it really has no affect when the wheel is mounted normally.

I am trying to understand what you did on the lathe that made a difference...

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Could you explain this a little more?

BXHoosier posted a picture above of a spacer that is not hub centric on his BX. Since BX wheels are lug centric seems like this should work fine.

The other spacers mentioned are hub centric, but this has no effect in the mounting of the spacer to the hub, which is not hub centric. And the lip that enters the wheel is actually a bit smaller than the wheel hole (by a couple mm in my case) so it really has no affect when the wheel is mounted normally.

I am trying to understand what you did on the lathe that made a difference...
I'd have to pull them back off to see what I did. It has been several years ago. I just remember they would not work untill I cut recess in the spacer.

Delaware_Devil

Equipment
Kubota BX2360, loader, belly mower, box blade, scraper blade, Ratchet Rake,
Jan 16, 2022
Dover Delaware
No, 1.5" max with 54" mmm.

My 2" push tires close enough I can't remove pin and spin bogey wheel 90° to make deck slide out effortlessly. Now Im dragging the two rear wheels. Oh well.
Drive the rear wheels up on a 2 X 10 or 2 X 8 Will give you plenty of room