New L3301 Odd Engine Behavior?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Good thing you have that video! Any pics of the water separator?

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
aww i wanted to see the videos but they are gone. Brand new 5 hours on it? and it sounded that bad? I would almost want a different L3301 after that. Who knows what damage may have been done if it had substantial water in the tank in those first hours. I wouldnt feel too good about taking the same tractor back even if it is running good. I would want answers from the dealer. Thats a lot of money to spend on a brand new machine just to get it home and it be running that bad, and the floater be up showing water all in the fuel system. That just seems negligent.

NESean

Equipment
2019 L3301 HST 4WD, 2008 JD 2305 HST
Aug 9, 2019
Lincoln, NE
aww i wanted to see the videos but they are gone. Brand new 5 hours on it? and it sounded that bad? I would almost want a different L3301 after that. Who knows what damage may have been done if it had substantial water in the tank in those first hours. I wouldnt feel too good about taking the same tractor back even if it is running good. I would want answers from the dealer. Thats a lot of money to spend on a brand new machine just to get it home and it be running that bad, and the floater be up showing water all in the fuel system. That just seems negligent.
It's still at the dealer. Of course it fired right up when they grabbed it and it sounded good. They have been running tests and nothing has come up. Even with a computer test showing no codes. Maybe there was a glitch or dumping the sediment bowl got rid of whatever it was. Possibly the fuel filter wasn't installed tight?

NESean

Equipment
2019 L3301 HST 4WD, 2008 JD 2305 HST
Aug 9, 2019
Lincoln, NE
Update: Got the tractor back. It didnt throw any codes and actually after I removed the sediment bowl and tightened the filter I think that may have fixed it. Runs like a champ now. The dealer probably thinks Im crazy at least I had a video. So far so good now. Thanks for the comments. Now time to get back to work!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Update: Got the tractor back. It didnt throw any codes and actually after I removed the sediment bowl and tightened the filter I think that may have fixed it. Runs like a champ now. The dealer probably thinks Im crazy at least I had a video. So far so good now. Thanks for the comments. Now time to get back to work!
I wish you luck that it stays that way. You said it had the ring floating so it had water in it, and any water in a common rail fuel system is bad news. Maybe it runs good now but the minute you put your fuel in it it becomes your problem. Water in fuel isn’t warrantable. Is it financed and have Kubota insurance?

Not trying to be a downer here but I have replaced many fuel systems in trucks from water in fuel. High pressure pumps do not tolerate water. It may run good now but there could be metal contamination in the high pressure system already and the problem may re appear.

The wouldn’t put any fuel in that thing for as long as you can.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I think that I would add some "dry gas", water remover, to the fuel. Also you should keep your fuel tanks topped off to prevent condensation. Good luck now that it is running correctly.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I think that I would add some "dry gas", water remover, to the fuel. Also you should keep your fuel tanks topped off to prevent condensation. Good luck now that it is running correctly.
Dry gas?? No! Alcohol based fuel additives are not for use in diesel engines. The alcohol lowers the lubricity of the fuel and can cause injection pump and injector damage due to increased wear. Look for a diesel fuel specific additive that does not contain alcohol.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Dry gas?? No! Alcohol based fuel additives are not for use in diesel engines. The alcohol lowers the lubricity of the fuel and can cause injection pump and injector damage due to increased wear. Look for a diesel fuel specific additive that does not contain alcohol.
I know that. But if I would have written "dry fuel" it some how does not convey the same message. That is why I put it in quotes.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
I know that. But if I would have written "dry fuel" it some how does not convey the same message. That is why I put it in quotes.
You may know that. Not everyone here asking for advice does.
If someone heads to an AutoZone to buy "dry gas" because some guy online told him that's what he needed, that's what he's gonna get.