Interesting video

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_8i-XMMMc

Hope this doesn't get deleted....Comment away! lol

In all seriousness, this test seems pretty fair and even. I love my BX buy have noticed lift capacity is weak compared to my neighbors JD. Other than that, my BX shines in comparison in my opinion.

To me the 1025R is a bigger tractor. I looked into that one when getting my BX and found the BX to a tad smaller in size and that was what I needed.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Yeah I've watched his videos. It appears a 1025R is somewhere in between a BX and small B in size and capability, probably closer to a BX. The Deere has a little more lift and I like how easy it is to remove and install the deck (when it's adjusted just right). On the BX I like how easy it is to remove and install the FEL with the new quick attach and the available new R14 tires.

Not sure how (when similarity equipped) they compare price wise, both MSRP and after any dealer discount? Of course the reverse may be the case in some other area of the country but I know around here the few times when I was shopping none of the Deere dealers would budge on price, just passed on whatever promotion Deere may be offering at the time.
Kubota dealers would pass on Kubota's rebates then in addition typically take another 7-10% off. The result was for similar machines the Kubota was less money, or for about the same money you can buy a larger Kubota in this case possibly a B2301/2601.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have been watching his series on the BX. I think he is trying to do fair comparison. I don't know enough about John Deere or even Kubota to say that those two tractors are a fair comparison to each other.

With all the hours he has logged in the JD, anyone would be partial, just as I am to the Kubota. Yet, he has pointed a few things he has liked about the BX and I would hope if I was doing a comparison that I would be able to find good and bad in both models.

It reminds me of the Ford vs Chevy debate. Just have to buy what you like, both are good.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I've been following him too. It's difficult to use self control and not comment on his videos. Sure the bx took a bit of a beating here. What kills me is the guy says he's "fair and unbiased". Yet, has like $80,000 of John Deere tractors that are subsidized by his dealer that he plugs. Come on! The guy is so green it's not even funny.

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I've been following him too. It's difficult to use self control and not comment on his videos. Sure the bx took a bit of a beating here. What kills me is the guy says he's "fair and unbiased". Yet, has like $80,000 of John Deere tractors that are subsidized by his dealer that he plugs. Come on! The guy is so green it's not even funny.
I've watched as well. I just come away with the impression small JD tractors are cheap junk.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Interesting when you see them side by side like that how much bigger the JD is. I shopped both before getting my BX, but honestly don't remember the JD being so much physically bigger. Makes sense it would have more lift capacity.

I'm not max'ing out the BX as it is, so I was more interested in machine ease of use, refinement, and overall quality, thus my decision to go with the BX. If I needed more lift capacity in the SCUT size, I would certainly consider the JD.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
I could use more lift capacity sometimes. But i find that now when i max out the loader, my rear end wants to lift off the ground. Even with a blade on the back and loaded tires it sometimes feels tippy. So more capacity might be a bad thing sometimes.

In the real world you are never lifting a bucket of dirt on a nice flat level piece of land. You are always leaning one way or another or off balance somehow. More capacity in the front might cause a tip or rollover. I found this out yesterday moving dirt.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I agree kriss. For my needs if the FEL will lift a complete bucket full of the heaviest stuff I'll put in the bucket (probably gravel) I'm satisfied and that'll be enough for my grapple too.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Tim may be wanting a new piece of machinery from JD sent to him. I have to say just judging from his past videos he seems like a stand up guy. Again I don't know him at all other than his videos he and his family put out.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I watch most of his videos, as I find them fun and informative. I think he is trying to do the best comparison he can do. There is nothing wrong with saying the JD can lift more than the Kubota. As long as you knew that up front and was OK with that, then what is the big deal? Just enjoy the tractor you got. :)

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I watch most of his videos, as I find them fun and informative. I think he is trying to do the best comparison he can do. There is nothing wrong with saying the JD can lift more than the Kubota. As long as you knew that up front and was OK with that, then what is the big deal? Just enjoy the tractor you got. :)
I dislike Tim's seemingly preconceived notion that JD is the gold standard. I'd say that is a complete fallacy until you get to large farm tractors. In most cases JD's smaller machines are considerably more cheaply made with a lot of farmed out components. They have less features but cost more.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I dislike Tim's seemingly preconceived notion that JD is the gold standard. I'd say that is a complete fallacy until you get to large farm tractors. In most cases JD's smaller machines are considerably more cheaply made with a lot of farmed out components. They have less features but cost more.
100% agree, he is totally biased, while claiming not to be.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I think his BX2680 vs JD 1025 comparison series was done with good intent. He's biased to the green due to familiarity. (like the two pedal vs Tredal) The BX2680 has at least 100-200 less capacity to the BX2660 series due to the SSQD mount weight. The mower deck comparison I think was a tie - he made it look like it's hard to take the standard BX off - takes 10 min max once you've done it a few times. The PTO HP comparison was a tie. Still one of the better BX JD comparison videos I've watched

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I saw that vid! Just because the Deer can lift more does not mean you can safely operate that tractor with all that weight on the FEL!

With my BX23S a full bucket of wet dirt or gravel driving on uneven terrain will make you pucker if you go too fast.

The deer with forks on a flat driveway...yeah go ahead and lift that much onto a trailer, but go drive that through your yard or uneven terrain and you will be picking up a lot less weight!

SOooooo… just because it can does not mean you should! Its an accident waiting to happen!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I've watched as well. I just come away with the impression small JD tractors are cheap junk.
Junk, maybe, cheap no. I've hauled plenty out of Horicon, Wisconsin in my day. Nothing is cheap today far as I can tell.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
At least he don't have funky music in the background. I watch the tube for enjoyment. Little to be learned on there from what I can see. Mostly personal and biased opinion and that covers everything from tractors to guns to whatever.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
At least he don't have funky music in the background. I watch the tube for enjoyment. Little to be learned on there from what I can see. Mostly personal and biased opinion and that covers everything from tractors to guns to whatever.
That is why is tend to stay with the forums....There isn't much biased opinions to be found:D

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ_8i-XMMMc

Hope this doesn't get deleted....Comment away! lol

In all seriousness, this test seems pretty fair and even. I love my BX buy have noticed lift capacity is weak compared to my neighbors JD. Other than that, my BX shines in comparison in my opinion.

To me the 1025R is a bigger tractor. I looked into that one when getting my BX and found the BX to a tad smaller in size and that was what I needed.
Though I'm, not interested in a SCUT of this size, I've looked at both and would buy the JD if I was.

The JD has position control whereas the BX has a quarter inching valve.

This is a show stopper for me.

SDT