Front Tire Replacement on L3400

Bob in MO

Equipment
L3400
Feb 9, 2015
Wentzville, MO
I need to replace the front tire on my L3400. Thinking about using this one, Carlisle Trac Chief XT Industrial Tire 10-16.5
Anybody have experience with this tire?
Also plan on changing it myself. Watched some youtubes and it looks like it can be done. What do you guys think?

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
A friend has an HF tire changer. I used it for the fronts on my ATV. When I replaced the rears 6 months later I had a shop do them, that should tell you something. Worked at service station as a teenager so I knew what I was doing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
R4 tires, especially ply count tires can be really tough to replace without the proper tools.

Just breaking the bead can be a real challenge.

give it a go, but be prepared to take it to a tire shop to have it changed. ;)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't have experience with that particular tire but Carlisle R1's is what I put back on my L3000 last year and they've been good so far.

As far as mounting it goes my tire store includes mounting in the price. Even if yours don't if you don't have the tools I'd suggest spending the few extra $$$ and let them mount them.

I change tires all the time, I'm just stubborn that way but some times you're money ahead to have them done.

donr100

Equipment
L3010
Aug 21, 2019
Loomis, CA
I don't have experience with that tire, but I've done all my own front tire work for several years now. I haven't had to mess with the rear beasts and that may be a different story. I use a Harbor Freight tire changer (SKU's 69686, 62317 $40) and have had no problems breaking the beads and removing the tires from the rims. I put 3/8" threaded inserts into my concrete floor and bolt it into place when I want to use it. The trick is having it solidly mounted. I've also found that a spray bottle with a dish soap solution provides the lubricant needed to get the tires off and on the rims with ease.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
No experience with the tire but with regards to changing it.

I ran over something and it poked a hole in my front tire, took about a week for it to leak down so I opted to put a patch inside. Spent 2 hours with help trying to get it back on with no luck.

Loaded tire in truck and a 3 mile drive to tire shop. The gentleman came to my truck and got it, rolled it in the shop, mounted it and loaded it back into my truck 10 minutes tops, $5.00.