Hydraulic motor to rear remotes

kauaihunta

Equipment
L4600
Jan 20, 2018
Virginia
Good morning. I plan on building a wire winder using a hydraulic motor that doesn't need a case drain connection. Won't be used but once a year but it will sure make things a lot easier. I have a L4600 with remote hydraulic hookups. Can I just connect the hydraulic motor to the quick disconnects? TIA

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
maybe.....
depends on 2 things
1) the specs of the tractor hydraulics( PSI and GPM)

2) the specs of the hydaulic motor (again, PSI,GPM AND porting)

If you have the make/model of the motor, please post.

providing pump and tractor are 'matched' , then yes...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good morning. I plan on building a wire winder using a hydraulic motor that doesn't need a case drain connection. Won't be used but once a year but it will sure make things a lot easier. I have a L4600 with remote hydraulic hookups. Can I just connect the hydraulic motor to the quick disconnects? TIA
Just like GreensvilleJay said, match the motor size to less than GPM of the tractors available output (8.4 GPM), pressure doesn't really play a role in this case.
and most likely you will have to reduce the output speed down with both, a gear or chain reduction unit and a hydraulic restrictor.

Last edited:

kauaihunta

Equipment
L4600
Jan 20, 2018
Virginia
Thanks fellas. The pump I plan on using is rated below the tractors hydraulic pumps GPM. I will look into a flow restricter or maybe a flow control valve as I was going to use a loveless coupling to connect the motor directly to the winder shaft.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I run a hydraulic sickle mower from my rear remotes.

Since my output was greater than the motor's requirements, I used a pressure compensated flow control like this one.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/det...mpensated-adjustable-flow-control/A-p8252777e

What I liked about this control is it is infinitely adjustable. Remember, flow volume translates into speed so too much flow means too fast a speed. You can adjust the motor speed to just what you want.

I used the return line from the motor as the exhaust from the valve with a Tee.

I find the remote with the detent the easiest to use because it frees up my hand from having to start and keep the motor running

Dave

Attachments