how to disconnect the drive shaft from a kubota bx 2380

sharon

Equipment
kubota bx2380 with brush hog,scoop,bellie mower and road grading
Jul 16, 2017
livingston
I have a new tractor which we have not been able to remove the brush hog from the tractor as the drive shaft keep pulling apart in the middle :eek:

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Re: how to disconnect the drive shaft from a kabota bx 2380

You have to pull the lock collar back first at the pto shaft where it exits the tractor then pull the driveshaft back.

ppop

Equipment
bx23D
Nov 15, 2016
paupack, pa
Re: how to disconnect the drive shaft from a kabota bx 2380

How do you pull back the plastic hood on the leading end of the shaft in order to access the collar?

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
You might have to shove it forward first, then pull back on the collar and pull the shaft off

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
The BX Kubota is really tight area to access easily and can be very frustrating when either connecting or disconnecting the drive shaft on the pto. There are a couple different collar release methods and would suggest you google pto driveshaft or youtube to find what matches your shaft. I had to cut of a large portion of the protective plastic shield (bell portion) because there was no way to get your hand inside it to push the release pin and slide the driveshaft off. Be aware and look closely at the amount you can cut down without messing up the integrity of the safety sleeve.....otherwise don't alter it. Finally, if it went on it will also come off but may require a language challenge. Surely someday a pto engineer will design a far, far easier method of connection especially on compact tractors.

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
You should be able to lift the PTO guard up to get better access also

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can usually disconnect the shield and pull it out of the way (make the plastic shaft cover shorter)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ppop

Equipment
bx23D
Nov 15, 2016
paupack, pa
Thanks. Depressing plastic visible in four holes in vaned cone shield ring unsnaps plastic and allows leading edge of plastic bell to be peeled back thereby exposing PTO collar slide pin.

Last edited:

Johnacman

Equipment
Kubota L2501 & B7100
Jul 26, 2019
Independance, La. US
I have a new tractor which we have not been able to remove the brush hog from the tractor as the drive shaft keep pulling apart in the middle :eek:
You do know there is a locking pin on the female end of the shaft that must be FULLY depressed to get it off. Also the splines need to be greased often so the
shaft slides easily.