Removing B1750 PTO Pump

Andrew93

Jan 7, 2018
Ashland, MA
New to the Kubota world. My neighbor moved to Florida and I had the opportunity to buy his B1750 with loader and Woods backhoe. It has under 900 hours and always garage kept.

Today I tried removing the backhoe to move snow around the yard easier and also for the sake of understanding how to take it off. I figured out all of the pins pretty easily, but I am having problems getting the Eaton PTO pump off. No idea the last time is was removed but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. The plastic color in the picture slides back right? I also see 3 square head bolts but can't imaging I have to remove those.

I managed to slide the collar, but the pump will not budge. I sprayed a bunch of PB Blaster on it, I work all day tomorrow and will let it sit like that until Friday. just making sure I am not missing anything

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It looks like it has an adapter/ coupling on it that is attached with the square head set screw, you could loosen that and try to get the pump off the adapter / coupling.

Andrew93

Jan 7, 2018
Ashland, MA
The PB Blaster sat for a little over a day and with some help of another person and a long pry bar I was able to pull that plastic collar back and some light press back and the pump came off without loosening the screws. It was on there awhile and all father grease was dried up. I figured that was the issue but was afraid I was missing something at first.

Curt B

Equipment
B1750 HST
Aug 20, 2019
Chesterland, OH
Hello, I realize your post was more than a year and a half ago but I could use a little help. I am new to the Kubota world an would like to know the model # of your Woods backhoe and if it is a 3 point or frame mount? I recently purchased a VERY well kept B1750HST and I really want to purchase a backhoe for it. I realize I am better off with a frame mount but am having a very difficult tipe finding the frame and correct backhoe so I might be cornered into a 3 point. It's all for misc. home use and I will go easy on it so hopefully if I go with a 3 point all will work out fine??? Any input from anyone will be appreciated, thanks, Curt