L2002DT-New to me..What do all the levers do? Japanese labels!

KB2SEO

Equipment
L2002DT
Aug 14, 2019
Chatsworth,GA
www.qsl.net
Hi all,

Drew here in Chatsworth GA. Well, the Mrs. wanted a tractor, We found it. And now we got it-Both barrels. I got a few of the Levers figured out, the former owner ran through the basics with me, (If you could understand Forrest Gump on a HUGE hit of Meth- While the tractor is running in my ear) I know the Lift-3 point hitch in the back location and operation, Hooking up the PTO to the Bush hog or other stuff (We also got a Bunch of accessories in the deal) the Gears, PTO (and thanks to the site and the well explained PTO info someone posted-HUGE Kudos to you sir/madam-I owe you a case of your favourite Barley/hops maker)

But I am really baffled on a few. Like How to get her in 4WD? Our Pasture is designated swamp after a good rain. The only thing that never got stuck was my Jeep Wrangler -But sold her after 500,000 miles! (no kidding)... What is the best setting to use while Bush hogging and Finish mowing with 2 sets of Gear settings are some to avoid?

Once I can get "ed-ju-fa-cated"- I will be over laying the labels with my own. be it duct tape or a well printed label from the Laser printer- all the Hieroglyphics ain't cool when you are in the "SHTF" mode, and you need to do something fast. So Thanks in advance. If there is a Grey Model expert near Murray Co. GA, I'd love to talk to you! Appreciate this site more than I can say! ( I'll post photos of "Marianne" as my wife and I named the tractor- It's just like my Mom in law- Nice, smoke a bit, a tad sluggish ,has not flipped over dead yet.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome to the forum. I have no answers to your questions!

You mentioned,"I'll post photos of "Marianne" as my wife and I named the tractor- It's just like my Mom in law- Nice, smoke a bit, a tad sluggish ,has not flipped over dead yet." With this sense of humor you'll get along fine on this forum, so when you get the information you're looking for stick around!:D

KB2SEO

Equipment
L2002DT
Aug 14, 2019
Chatsworth,GA
www.qsl.net
:)Geez folks, First, Sorry for the Delay, Had a heck of a week last week- While bush hogging, Discovered Bald Face Hornets just don't live in trees-I am deadly allergic to them. After 24 hours of Hell, I developed a bad GI bleed, that took 3 days, then overlapping, Heart acted up, small hospital stay- I'm fine now- Just catching up on life.

Thank You All for the Links and Advice! We used the Lift boom to move a monster Horizontal bee hive I built. I kinda took "durable" to a whole nudder level! the typical Langstroth hives are typically made with Advantec or 5/8th to 3/4 Ply, This sucker is 2x12's or ripped to a dimension I thought would hold! the Roof could survive a F-2 I'd guessing 3 of us could hardly move it- the child bride put 4 coats of Exterior paint, Most of the hardware, nails and such are Stainless or galvanized. the Legs are 4x4's! But fear not fair citizen! "Marianne" to the rescue, strategic placement of the Abrams tank chain lifted her up and plopped in place like nobody's business, Superman would have needed a hernia belt lifting that bugger- The little tractor kicked butt. We absolutely Love the tractor so far. (Honestly? Being a "mutt" makes it more lovable) And you all have made it SOOOOOOO much easier to deal with it! (Son in law, the mechanic was all smiles about the shop manual too) Much appreciated. Feel free to ask me computer fix it stuff! I'd be delighted to return the incredible help!

mattlataillede

Equipment
ZL2002DT
May 5, 2020
Corsavy
Hi!

Not sure if you are still looking for information but I have one and can run you through it, not much too it.

One thing I didn't find for a while is the rear diff lock pedal by your right heel... Only found it when I got stuck in deep mud!

Enjoy, it's a very capable little tractor.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
One thing I found handy was a smartphone and google translate,ya take a picture or even hoover it over the Japanese and google translates it to English,now getting it into 4X4,I have read in many places on this form the linkages are stuck/rusted in that position,start lubing up the links and ya might get lucky,haven't tried it on mine yet,its suck in 4X4.

Good luck great place to come for help.