BX25D MMM Deck Mounts

Buckhorn Road

Equipment
Loading, Digging, Setting Rock Walls,
Jul 30, 2019
Lake Point
First time owner and user of a recently purchased a BX25D to help with landscaping a new yard. I love this thing!
I found a RCK54-22BX MMM deck for sale just minutes from me that is in great condition. Seller is only asking a few hundred for the deck.
After researching the compatibility I noticed the rear mounting points on the deck are different on theRCK54-22BX vs the RCK60-23BX for the BX25D tractor.
It appears that the deck would work if the rear mounts were converted. Is anyone versed well enough in MMM decks that could speak to the possibility of retro fitting a set of deck mounts to the old deck for use on a newer tractor?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I cannot speak to any kind of conversions of mower decks but looking up attachments for your tractor I see that there is a 54" mower attachment available for it. The website link below shows a RCK54P23BX available. I don't know what the difference in mounting points is between the RCK54-22BX and the RCK54P23BX, but I would bet that a modification can be done to make it fit. BTW, you mention that someone is selling the RCK54-22BX for a few hundred bucks. That could be a very good price depending on the condition of the mower. It could be well worth looking closer at it to see if it could be modified for your tractor.

http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-loader/000/1/2/121-kubota-bx25d-attachments.html

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
In comparing the two mowers you willl find that the mower rear mounts are totally different, unless you want to do some serious fabricating to adapt the rear mounting points. The space between the rear mounting points are wider on the 23BX mower vs the 22BX, also the mounts would most likely have to scrounged from a parts mower as the hangers are different. Check the parts manuals & you can see the difference is considerable. My personal opinion would be to hold out for the proper mower or to save money look for a used rear finish mower since they seem to be more available.