My B2650 Arrived Yesterday!!!

emt0423

Equipment
B2650 HSDC
Mar 8, 2019
Wisconsin
After 8 months of kicking tires I finally caught the Orange fever. My B2650 arrived yesterday. I ordered it with a third function kit for future grapple and a set of rear hydraulic remotes. I also purchased a Land Pride brush hog to help keep the trails under control in the woods.

Last edited:

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
Congrats on your new tractor - I am waiting delivery of mine now, seems like the days are longer than normal. What grapple did you pick? I also ordered a 3rd function on my FEL for that same purpose but I haven’t settled on a grapple yet

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Congrats on your new B2650!! You're going to wonder why you waited so long. :D Now you guys have me wishing mine had been ordered set up for a future grapple! But there hasn't been a day that I wasn't happy with my purchase.

Have relatives in the Rice Lake/Cumberland area that are hoping I'd trailer the mechanical steed out there for some help in their hunting grounds. It's just a tad to far, though. There's lots of beautiful country in Wisconsin. And they have cold beer, too!! :D

FarmFreshKS

Equipment
MX5800, ZD221
Aug 13, 2019
Kansas City
Watch the weight on grapples. Easy to get one so heavy that you dont have any capacity left in the grapple after the grapple itself!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
After 8 months of kicking tires I finally caught the Orange fever. My B2650 arrived yesterday. I ordered it with a third function kit for future grapple and a set of rear hydraulic remotes. I also purchased a Land Pride brush hog to help keep the trails under control in the woods.
From whom did you buy the rear remotes?

Any photos of the remotes?

SDT

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Congrats EMT nice tractor and good thinking getting the remotes. Good advice from FarmFresh. I ended up with a lighter weight grapple from EA, I think their 55" at 275# but they make an even lighter one now. Only drawback with buying from them is it is typically 2 months or more before they ship.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The EA grapple is best, they are a 12 week lead time now. I had the LP version and it works fine, not nearly as robust a build though. I think it was fine for my BX, but feel the 2650 is going to break it. Time will tell I guess.

Good luck with the tractor!

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Congrats! Real close to physically pulling the trigger on a B2650 myself, possibly tomorrow or Tuesday.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
The EA grapple is best, they are a 12 week lead time now. I had the LP version and it works fine, not nearly as robust a build though. I think it was fine for my BX, but feel the 2650 is going to break it. Time will tell I guess.

Good luck with the tractor!
Interesting to read that. I'm wrestling with the decision of LP or EA for the grapple. I want EA, but I also could use it way sooner than EA would get it to me, which makes the LP attractive.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Interesting to read that. I'm wrestling with the decision of LP or EA for the grapple. I want EA, but I also could use it way sooner than EA would get it to me, which makes the LP attractive.
On the one hand, that's 3 months of use you don't get. On the other it's probably a ten year implement that you could spend a lot of years going "I wish I'd got that other one." You'll have a new tractor and plenty to do for the first 3 months, you can afford to wait for the grapple you really want. You've probably spent 3 months talking about buying it!!