Bought a new Kubota UTE

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wife bought a new Kubota gasoline powered UTE. Messicks did a review on it.. She got it with the fold down windshield, Rhino lined bed, turn signals, top and mirrors so she can 'spy' on the neighbors.

Here in Michigan with turn signals and mirrors and SMV triangle, they are legal to run on secondary roads.

Bought it at the usual Kubota 0 percent finance and bought it ag so no tax (so long as I put my spray rig in the bed once in a while)....

Top speed is 42, much faster than the diesel versions. Has a Subaru engine but I understand the engine will be built by Kubota very soon.

Water cooled, CVT trans, selectable 4wd in Orange of course. Have to get a winch yet. Comes with a winch mount, front and rear receivers, LED headlights and a bunch of other do dads.

Should have it next week. 14 otd.

Have to train the pup to ride in the bed...lol With my luck, I'll be riding in the bed and the pup will be in the jump seat.:D

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Seems like a toy for people who have a lot of disposable income.

Zing !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Seems like a toy for people who have a lot of disposable income.

Zing !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not sure about that as my wife bought it, not me. Buying it ag allows us to write it off just like the rest of the farm equipment.

Kind of like buying a small tractor to 'use' around the house. Not really needed, just wanted. Not for me anyway.

Zing....:D

Last edited:

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
You got a better deal than me with all those accessories for sure. No problems with ours yet, seems to be built pretty stout. My wife liked it at first look and didn't even want to look at anything else.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You got a better deal than me with all those accessories for sure. No problems with ours yet, seems to be built pretty stout. My wife liked it at first look and didn't even want to look at anything else.
I walked right by them, she didn't. I was looking at a new Kubota round baler, she was looking at the Sidekick. She won.

The Polaris guys were next door to the Kubota display. She didn't look either.

She had to order it, wanted it in Kubota orange and all they had were the black ones and the camo model.

In a quandry on tires though. It has the regular treads on it right now and I'm leaning toward the bar tread tires, what do you have on yours?

My dealer said he'd change them out if I wanted to. Haven't gotten it yet, should be next week.

I do a lot of ag business with my dealer and all my shop repairs so maybe he cut my wife a deal. Been dealing with him for at least 20 years, maybe longer.

I do need to add a winch but I'll get that myself, probably a Harbor Freight one. Have a 'Badlands' winch on the quad right now and it's been 100% reliable.

Last edited:

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I walked right by them, she didn't. I was looking at a new Kubota round baler, she was looking at the Sidekick. She won.

The Polaris guys were next door to the Kubota display. She didn't look either.

She had to order it, wanted it in Kubota orange and all they had were the black ones and the camo model.

In a quandry on tires though. It has the regular treads on it right now and I'm leaning toward the bar tread tires, what do you have on yours?

My dealer said he'd change them out if I wanted to. Haven't gotten it yet, should be next week.

I do a lot of ag business with my dealer and all my shop repairs so maybe he cut my wife a deal. Been dealing with him for at least 20 years, maybe longer.

I do need to add a winch but I'll get that myself, probably a Harbor Freight one. Have a 'Badlands' winch on the quad right now and it's been 100% reliable.
I don't know what the tires are called but for me they work okay so far
here is a pic
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42751

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You have the bar tread tires, my wife's has the standard lug (look like snow tires) on it right now.

She has the steel wheels too. I'm kind of on the fence with the alloy wheels, they look nine when new but I've seen some that were corroded and they didn't look nice, besides, aluminum wheels when the get older are prone to rim leaks.

If the steel wheels get banged up (highly unlikely with my wife motoring in), I can rattle can them back to like new condition. You have the 'Limited Edition Sidekick ( whatever that is...).

Sure scoots along quite a bit faster than the diesel version does.

The weigh quite a bit though. Specs list them at 1700 pounds dry.

I looked at the power bed lift but the 1800 buck price didn't excite me. All it is, is a linear actuator and a switch. Bet I can buy the switch aftermarket and Shoup and Surplus Center have linear actuators for about 300 bucks. I doubt she will haul much in the bed except the dog maybe...

If they are half as durable as my Kubota tractors, I'll be pleased.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
You have the bar tread tires, my wife's has the standard lug (look like snow tires) on it right now.

She has the steel wheels too. I'm kind of on the fence with the alloy wheels, they look nine when new but I've seen some that were corroded and they didn't look nice, besides, aluminum wheels when the get older are prone to rim leaks.

If the steel wheels get banged up (highly unlikely with my wife motoring in), I can rattle can them back to like new condition. You have the 'Limited Edition Sidekick ( whatever that is...).

Sure scoots along quite a bit faster than the diesel version does.

The weigh quite a bit though. Specs list them at 1700 pounds dry.

I looked at the power bed lift but the 1800 buck price didn't excite me. All it is, is a linear actuator and a switch. Bet I can buy the switch aftermarket and Shoup and Surplus Center have linear actuators for about 300 bucks. I doubt she will haul much in the bed except the dog maybe...

If they are half as durable as my Kubota tractors, I'll be pleased.
I wouldn't want to go any faster in one of these..This is coming from a guy that had Hayabusa then later a ZX-14R. Those days are long gone for me.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
My Polaris Rzr 900S has a bigger engine and goes faster than a gas Kubota. Plus I think the suspension travel is longer. Has larger tires and im sure a slightly wider CVT belt. My dog rides in the back when we go on the trails but we are thinking of getting another dog so we will have 2 dogs riding in the back not just 1 like youll be riding with.;)

HAHAHA just kidding on the self centered post above

Congrats to your wife, obviously the better half!!

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
Can’t complain about your wife’s choices, after all you were one !

As to winches, you might look at Superwinch. They are what Kubota uses with their decal and a much bigger price. I put a 4500 model on my wife’s 1120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Thanks, I will. Probably need to get the front guard as well. Interestingly, the Sidekick comes with a rear and front receiver and I saw another customer's Sidekick in the shop the other day getting a snow plow put on...

Winter is coming.

I priced the winch at the dealer (and was shocked at the price), just like the electric bed dump. I can put my own on for less than 500 bucks. The mounts are already welded to the frame, just a matter of bolting up a linear actuator and installing a switch.

Like your light bar too. The Sidekick comes with LED headlights but I might add one anyway, not sure my wife needs that as she won't be 'motoring' after dark, I don't think anyway.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Be careful with pups in the back. I had a four month old jump out and crack her pelvis. Lots of money in vet bills and she will always have an issue. Mine are working dogs as well as pets, sad story.