Tree rats

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I had them get used to my routine of feeding caged animals and they would follow the cart and take expensive fruit and produce away from my animals. I was telling an older customer about shooting over 200 hundred this year. He looked and me and had the "you sure are stupid" look on his face. Then he says "You're picking them up, ain't ya?"
Well, yea, of course.
"Let them lay. You won't have to shoot near as many"
within weeks I couldn't find one.
Chalk one up for experience.
Your customer is right. I used to pick them up and take them up to the back field to feed the crows but then I caught on but like anything else it'll only last for a while then the cycle starts over again.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I had a squirrel get into my barn recently, he chewed on my kubotas fuel cap. I’ll get s pic next time I’m over there.

I was fishing in a lake in a very rural area years ago. I heard something barreling through the woods. All Of a sudden a very large buck jumped into the water and started swimming across the lake. Soon after two large dogs appeared on the bank clearly out of breathe. The deer was huffing and puffing as well, I trolled over near him and took a few pictures. Unfortunately, they’re on a phone that took a crap on me so I lost them.
And that my friend is why people shouldn't let their dogs run loose but unfortunately trying to enforce that in the country is like fighting a loosing battle.