A Better Seat for a new L series

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Anyone know what's out there that might fit my L3901 as far as a new seat goes I can't stand the factory seat after several hours of mowing and would like to get something with a better ride and arm rest. Kubota doesn't offer any upgrades to the standard seat :rolleyes:

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
I would also like put a different seat on my L3901. Hopefully someone will chime in with a good solution.

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
The seats on the Grand series are more plush. You may check with your dealer about the price of one of those. Also, Grammer makes a comfortable seat for tractors.

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
That's my main dislike with L2501(though its not a big dislike), the seat..asked at the dealer when buying about changing the seat out dealer cost was going to be like 450-550..couldnt see that. I may change it after a few years, or lots of seat time.

following this thread.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
My MX had a bargin basement seat but did have a tension adjustable spring suspension. I bought a TSC seat with single shock absorber and weight suspension, And bolted to the existing kubota suspension. A $99 investment. A great improvement. The seat height did increase about 5 inches which I like, better visibility. The tractor supply seat has its' own fore/aft adjustment. The weight adjustment limit, 260 lbs. Seat back is taller and has mid bolsters.

Cushions angle and recline position is adjustable but not w/ a knob. Must relocate bolts to alternating mount boles so seat isn't quickly modified for multiple operators. Weight adjustment though is quick, turn knob, weight graduations are marked w/ indicator.

Last edited:

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I’m in the same boat, wanting to upgrade my seat on my L3901. At my dealers recent open house I got to drive a B2650 and took a look at the seat, it’s very comfortable and without actually measuring the seat bolt pattern and brackets appeared to be a direct fit with the standard l series.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats what HD stands for Hundred Dollars , a bud just got an 18 tri glide nice but at 42K I ll have to pass

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
My 3301 seat seat suspension sucks. I can get it freed up and it works OK then it quits working. The seat itself is fine. One model of JD uses a similar suspension under their seat and it works great. I use to have the seat suspension here for that model as I was going to use it on my old tractor but I gave it away when I got my new one. Problem is I don't know what model it came off of. With all the hype about back injuries it seem like Kubota could come up with a better system for there seats

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anyone know what's out there that might fit my L3901 as far as a new seat goes I can't stand the factory seat after several hours of mowing and would like to get something with a better ride and arm rest. Kubota doesn't offer any upgrades to the standard seat :rolleyes:
The seat and lack of armrests is ONE OF the reasons why I rulled out the 3301/3901 when shopping for a small tractor to operate a 60" rotary cutter.

The steering brakes on the same side as the hydro pedal is another.

That said, it is likely that a Kubota seat from a B or Grand L model can be made to work but it will be pricey.

SDT

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
One complication in switching to a seat from another model is that two of the newer ones that I know about, the B2650 and the L3560, have different locations for the safety switch mechanisms. In the L3560 it is inside the seat in the bottom. In the B2650 it is part of a cushion that velcros to the seat on the operators side. Not an unsolvable problem, but if you want your seat safety switch to work right it might require some rewiring and some improvising. I know about this because my tractors thought I was too small to be driving them when they were new. :rolleyes: They got over it.

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I've been satisfied with the no-frills seat on my one-year-old L3301HST so far, but the gear shift lever digs into my left thigh annoyingly. I don't have the cruise control lever and don't expect to add it, so I've been thinking of bending the gear shift lever towards the left to make more room for my ample posterior.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I had a barn fire last fall and my 3901 was fairly close. The heat did some damage that I found later in the winter. I had to replace the partially melted left rear lights. I jumped on the tractor during the fire and it was steaming hot. I left an imprint of levis pocket and seams melted in the seat. Luckily it did not melt to me.
As winter went on the seat has been cracking. I'm looking at replacing the seat so this thread will really interest me. Does the B2650 seat have the armrests? Some of the ones I've seen in Northern Tool may work if I unbolt the original base and bolt the new seat directly to it. Would this work?

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
I don't mind my seat, butt when I get ambitious I'm going to ad a swivel base to mine. Have a rear snow blower and for any rear looking stuff I think it would nice to be able to swivel up to 45degrees ish. When I do I'll post it ..

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When I get my air ride base for my M9, maybe I should put my present weight adjustable seat base in the classified section. I was going to can it. Works fine but I want air suspension like my 105 has. Cannot beat air suspension on a seat. Not cheap though.

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
take a look at SMALINK.com They have after market air suspension seats with arm rests and a lot of adjustments

pnchfce

Equipment
L3101HST tractor, ZG222 mower
Aug 19, 2016
Columbia, MO, Boone county
I have a new L3901 and the seat springs are about as strong as a toilet paper holder. The seat bottoms out with every bump. Mowing is a painful and back jarring experience. Is there any way to replace the springs with heavier ones? I weigh 180 which shouldn't be at the high end of the suspension capabilities. Would taking the bucket off make a difference?