B6000 making metal in the oil

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Woo hoo!! It lives.
Any guesses as to what the cost will be? Place your guesstimates here.
Great for you!
I've enjoyed following your project!

My estimate is that your project is priceless....[emoji41]

Again, great job!

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Woo hoo!! It lives.
100 psi oil pressure cold. 60 psi hot, 40 psi hot idle. It runs like a new machine.
Quite the improvement from the 20 psi prior to the rebuild. My kid will be running it 40 years from now.

Now I'll add up the receipts. Pistons, wrist pins, rings, liners, .010 machined crank, oil pump body, pressure plate and disk and so on. Any guesses as to what the cost will be? Place your guesstimates here.
D750/850/950 rebuilds run me about 1k so in parts, I would put yours in about the same ballpark. ;)

wisc6000

Equipment
B6000
Nov 20, 2011
Wisconsin under duress
When you get it be sure to look at the grind job and most importantly the radius. It better adhere to the spec of the service bulletin I posted.

Mine? I'm totally pissed.
I bought an ebay chinesium clutch disk and pressure plate for $110 as the an OEM clutch is $400. After an hour of operation it won't disengage well. Now I'm gonna have to split the thing in half again to put a genuine clutch in it. Man am I kicking myself.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you get it be sure to look at the grind job and most importantly the radius. It better adhere to the spec of the service bulletin I posted.

Mine? I'm totally pissed.
I bought an ebay chinesium clutch disk and pressure plate for $110 as the an OEM clutch is $400. After an hour of operation it won't disengage well. Now I'm gonna have to split the thing in half again to put a genuine clutch in it. Man am I kicking myself.

Has it gotten wet?
Did you seal the bellhousing?

wisc6000

Equipment
B6000
Nov 20, 2011
Wisconsin under duress
As these things were designed to slog it out in rice paddies the bell housing is sealed to the engine with a gasket. It's bone dry. The Chin pressure plate is just a POS.

First drive was great. But after a half hour with it engaged 90% of the time it gained free play and wouldn't disengage well. I adjusted the pedal to allow more travel and all was good. A half hour later same thing. I had to shut the engine off, put it in gear then hit the starter it was so bad. Yeah there was plenty of freeplay and the throwout bearing wasn't riding on the clutch.

Taking it out after only 1.8 hours of operation shows the fingers are now at differing heights and the pressing plate is not level with the base. The anti rattle springs don't hold the fingers stationary like they should and they yes,,, rattle. Pure junk. I learned my lesson trying to save some money with this $110 clutch.

I ordered an OEM pressure plate, disk and release bearing from Kubota. There went another $500. Waaay over priced but it should last.

Last edited: