What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
This evening, I installed the cylinder head on my L245.

After draining the water from the fuel tank and bleeding the fuel supply & injection lines, it started right up. This is the tractor I bought two weeks ago for $100. I purchased a head gasket for $60, so I don't have much in it, yet. :rolleyes:

I guess I need to start a re-build thread(with photos, of course). ;)
That sounds great! Yes, you do need to do a rebuild thread with lots of pics:) we love pics.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I put a gage wheel on my back blade. It helps rid the drive of snow, but keep the gravel. I started with the wheel directly mounted to the plate extension- giving me an inch of lift on concrete. After a day of moving snow I decided I'd sooner it -the wheel - was down a bit lower and the blade a bit higher. So I added the additional 1" spacers. Now I need more snow, to try it out! The swivel caster has a 600lb rating, and seems to do just fine so far.

Attachments

blackfoot1

Equipment
L245
Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
I put a gage wheel on my back blade. It helps rid the drive of snow, but keep the gravel. I started with the wheel directly mounted to the plate extension- giving me an inch of lift on concrete. After a day of moving snow I decided I'd sooner it -the wheel - was down a bit lower and the blade a bit higher. So I added the additional 1" spacers.
Nice job on the guage wheel. :)

What is snow? :confused:

Now I need more snow, to try it out!
Oh No!!

That's like us down here asking for more rain. :eek:

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Bought two bags of ready mix to make my front end weight. Will have to take some pics of what I came up with to make the thing out of. I think it will be interesting not to mention cheap.:D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Used my 3000 to put out 500 lbs of grass seed and then used the 9000 to pull my disc across everything real light to help get the seed in the ground.

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
Sounds great, Bulldog - grass seed...I just took off my snow chains...(Sic)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Put the long forks on the bucket. Moved 3 brush piles to the burn pile. Piled on 5 buckets of wood, (sold my wood heater) can't give wood away here now, tornados. Cleaned off side of driveway, dirt pileing up. Moved dirt from wifes flower patch. Pushed burnt wood back together. Put fence around wifes garden. Fixed 100 lb weights to mount on box blade. Cut down 3 trees and stacked up wood. I'm tired!!!

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Put the long forks on the bucket. Moved 3 brush piles to the burn pile. Piled on 5 buckets of wood, (sold my wood heater) can't give wood away here now, tornados. Cleaned off side of driveway, dirt pileing up. Moved dirt from wifes flower patch. Pushed burnt wood back together. Put fence around wifes garden. Fixed 100 lb weights to mount on box blade. Cut down 3 trees and stacked up wood. I'm tired!!!
Now that was a day!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I moved some snow berms to make the road a bit wider. Did a little leaveling on the road. Used the FEL to lay some sand down on an ice covered trail. Just had some fun seat time :D

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
Replaced the seals in my FEL lift cylinders to stop it from slowly bleeding down.

I now have a strong dislike of the person who thought gland nuts were a good idea.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Got my 200lb. weight installed on the front and was finally able to grade the steep part of my drive.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I used my L3830 to load a 360 lb wild boar that I shot at daybreak into the truck . I aways take my rifle with me to the ranch just in case I see a coyote or wild boar. Looks like we are eating pork for a while now YUMMY

UWAdventurer

Equipment
Kubota L3400 w/FEL & Woods 7500 backhoe
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
Changed the oil in both of mine today and added gear lube to both front axles.

Looking at options to add some lights to the front of my L3400, looks like I might just strap them to my grill guard with hose clamps, run wiring to a relay and add a switch to the dash.

Thinking about purchasing a mechanical thumb for my back hoe. Anyone have any experience with Hound dog BT75-SH mechanical thumbs?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I used my L3830 to load a 360 lb wild boar that I shot at daybreak into the truck . I aways take my rifle with me to the ranch just in case I see a coyote or wild boar. Looks like we are eating pork for a while now YUMMY
That is awesome. How much diffrent does wild boar taste than store bought pork? I have had deer, elk, bear, moose and gator but I have not had wild boar ;)

richschram

Equipment
M7040, Bale Spear, 12" PH digger, 10' disc and lots of other farm junk
Jan 12, 2012
Bryan, Tx
I had to sit inside and the brochure again all weekend. Too much rain to deliver my new M7040 and other toys..... :-(

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I aired a low tire up today. 'bout all the energy I had left after everything else today. :)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I had actually got some seat time in today, for the first time since about August. Actually had a reason to knock the dust off and fire my Bota up. I hooked up the finishing mower and did some mowing in a field behind my house.