What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama

Then today loaded it up and went and did some dirt work for a customer that wanted more dirt put on his septic lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Speedy,

Your post had me laughing...

I was looking at the top being framed up and looked at your welding table (legs) thinking that was part of your top. For two seconds I was thinking, "DAAAAAMMMMN! That top is stronger than the original ROPS! His tractor is gonna fall over."

Nice work. Tops are nice and the bigger the better. I am gonna do lights one of these days.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama
Haha. Thanks! It's nice and I made it 18" longer in the back to accommodate the backhoe. The Kubota top doesn't offer that. Those legs were actually from another welding job I did for a guy but they worked perfectly for the frame of this top too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Tilled up some clover plots (to plant new clover) for a friend of mine.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
You could be right. He tried to eat the hood!

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Standard Grade 2 bolt is all a sheer bolt is. Even Kubota admitted that in a manual I read on one of their equipment items. Your hardware store has them.

Your overheat problem may be caused by a plugged radiator. Yes, I know it can look really clean, but trust me, it's not. Flush those fins out with a strong water stream followed up by some compressed air. You'll be surprised at the difference. Of course, all of that is assuming the water pump is working properly, so I'd check that first.
I brought about a pound of them with some nuts n bolts from tractor supply for $3. Why buy a single bolt for $2 a piece. Can change sheer bolts in 5 minutes with a 7/16 and 11 mm wrenches.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Tried to really pull trees out of yard with small chain and FEL. Worked great on trees about 3" around. Even let family member run tractor to pull trees up out of flower garden. Any bigger would be just cutting with chainsaw. Best machine for saplings.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
4+ hrs bush hogging
3+ hrs cleaning drainage ditch
1+ hr fel work filling holes
1/2 hr tlc

Yes, you can have toooo much fun. :eek: ;) :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
olthumpa, you have that all logged out like you're on the payroll! You got your eight hours in before clean up. Who you working for, clean up should be on the clock to.

Just joshing you, I hope you know! How much fuel did you burn?

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
olthumpa, you have that all logged out like you're on the payroll! You got your eight hours in before clean up. Who you working for, clean up should be on the clock to.

Just joshing you, I hope you know! How much fuel did you burn?
All work for myself :D but I like to have some idea of how long it takes me to accomplish a given task for future reference.

I burnt 5 - 6 gallons, do not have it metered. 2 hrs of hogging was in 4th gear the rest was in 1st gear and lugging down sometimes - working hard. Ditch work - 6' box with 5 rippers 1st gear 2000rpm.:cool:

"Just joshing you," WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS! :mad: :p ;) :D

Last edited: