Kubota Third Function Kit questions

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I have a new B2650 and had the dealer install a Kubota third function kit for a grapple. I have an EA Wicked55 on the way, due to arrive for pickup at a nearby freight hub tomorrow (almost three weeks earlier than I expected).

EA told me they used 1/2" ag couplers on the grapple, one male, one female. The dealer just capped off the lines mounted to the FEL, so I need to install couplers on those lines. Anyone know what thread size those lines are? Or is it pretty standard?

Also, for those who bought a new Kubota with Kubota third function, did you get a manual for the third function? The only thing they gave me for it was "Supplementary Assembly Instructions"; there's no manual on actual use of the third function.

Thanks

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I bought mine with a Land Pride kit, not sure of model number. I had it installed for future use when I can afford the grapple. No documentation. Never really even considered the couplers before. Interested in this...

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
No manual came with my 3rd function kit. Pretty easy operation though. Click the little button in to activate the controls, which will light up green. Thumb buttons open and close the grapple. Top button opens, bottom closes.

Any reputable tractor shop will steer you in the right direction for the couplers you need if you take a few photos and tell them what machine you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I ordered my kit on Monday and told them I needed a 1/2" male and female AG connector on it. It is supposed to be in next week, so I will see what I get.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I just went through this, because i changed out my AG connectors to snaptite ones. If you have a local hydraulic shop, bring them there, and they will match them for you. There are a lot of different variables, and on the LP kit they use a boss style connector at the FEL as the threaded male end doesnt have a pipe taper to it. My shop found this to be uncommon and they had to order the QC for me.

bota2650

Equipment
B2650 Cab; LP 4 foot cutter; Titan Pallet Forks; The Thumb Grapple
Oct 23, 2019
Henderson
I have a new B2650 and had the dealer install a Kubota third function kit for a grapple. I have an EA Wicked55 on the way, due to arrive for pickup at a nearby freight hub tomorrow (almost three weeks earlier than I expected).

EA told me they used 1/2" ag couplers on the grapple, one male, one female. The dealer just capped off the lines mounted to the FEL, so I need to install couplers on those lines. Anyone know what thread size those lines are? Or is it pretty standard?

Also, for those who bought a new Kubota with Kubota third function, did you get a manual for the third function? The only thing they gave me for it was "Supplementary Assembly Instructions"; there's no manual on actual use of the third function.

Thanks

I just installed a 3rd Function valve on my B2650 with Cab . . . you can search my YouTube video for reference. I think 1/2 NPT should be standard.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
From my experience, I find it weird they did not install the couplers for you. My dealer installed the couplers with the kit.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
From my experience, I find it weird they did not install the couplers for you. My dealer installed the couplers with the kit.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what to make of that. Sales guy told me since I wasn't buying an implement there that would use the third function, they would just cap off the lines on the FEL. He said there were too many possibilities of what the grapple I had might come with, so I should just install couplers after I got the grapple.

I should have just insisted I knew what couplers were going to be on the grapple, because EA told me. But oh well, it's over now.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Yeah, I wasn't sure what to make of that. Sales guy told me since I wasn't buying an implement there that would use the third function, they would just cap off the lines on the FEL. He said there were too many possibilities of what the grapple I had might come with, so I should just install couplers after I got the grapple.

I should have just insisted I knew what couplers were going to be on the grapple, because EA told me. But oh well, it's over now.
Well, if they had not installed them on mine, I would have been in the same predicament. However, I think it is easier to buy the implement with the coupler to match your tractor than the other way around IMO. I have two implements so far that run off the Third Function. The first one I ordered was a the EA 55" grapple. While I waited on it, I bought a tree puller locally. It had the flat face couplers and they were changed by the business. The EA grapple was shipped with the ones to match my tractor as they called and asked. However, I had to swap the couplers around on both of my implements as the the open and close function was opposite of what I wanted on my buttons.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
EA called me too and asked what couplers I wanted. Told them I didn't know, I'd have to ask the dealer what they were putting on. Messaged the dealer, they suggested I just wait until I get the grapple to make sure I get the right couplers. I don't think that was necessary, but yeah, done now.

I got lucky when I installed my couplers, for the direction right the first time, top button opens the grapple.