Quick Hitch question

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Well, a couple questions... I bought my new B2650 with a QH10 quick hitch and grader scraper. I get the way it works. I really like the idea, but it’s a real pain in the you-know-what to unhook an implement!

Question #1:
Will this get better as things wear in a bit? I release the locks, but it often doesn’t want to drop out from under the implement pins.

Question #2:
I just picked up a Woodmaxx flail mower. Their website claims it is QH compatible, but I am unable to figure this out. Doesn’t look like it’s going to fit due to the upper pin height. Am I missing something? I intend to call Woodmaxx tomorrow for their input. Maybe I need to buy another part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
From my observation the Quick Hitch appears to be a wonderful device in theory. In fact it doesn't have much tolerance for implements of varying dimensions. You may have to modify equipment to have it work with the Quick Hitch.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I have a LP QH15 and find it works well once set for the implements. I have had to shift the QH's top mount for the upper link up or down to correctly level some implementation.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
You don't have the ability to adjust the top hook on the model QH10 like you would have with the QH15 that's always going to cause problems with fitment with so called QH compatible implements.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I had to modify all my equit to fit the quick hitch even the ones that were suppose to be quick hitch ready. As was said just change the height of your top link

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The qh in theory is great, but is designed and built by 10 different people, none of them agreeing on anything. No qh built by anyone will work on all your equipment without some modification. But once you get that done, it's a great thing.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Thanks guys. I don’t know that I want to buy a new QH with upper hook adjustability, so I’ll do as recommended and add a new pin location on my mower. Easy enough.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
I started without a quick hitch on my bx, soon got tired of hooking and unhooking manually and bought a QH-05. I use a floating top link with my sub soiler due to height of top link (solved that problem). Next problem was every implement needed a different top link adjustment to e able to connect to it. Finally solved that by installing rear remotes with hydraulic top link, now everything is finally easy.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
The Landpride QH15 comes with a floating top link adapter deal that extends the connection point. May check with your dealer if your QH10 has something similar.
I use a QH10 on my 3301. I have no problems with any of my 3pt equipment BUT, my boxblade & bushhog are both Land Pride. I have a floating top link on my mower and that really made an improvement as I don't get that digging ruts as before. I got the 10 so I didn't have to keep up with bushings.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It's too bad the Allis-Chamlers Snap Coupler system didn't win the battle of the hookups. It's technically a superior system and changing implements is so simple.
I can use any of my 3 D-14s and get hooked up any of the 6 implements in less than a minute with NO adjustments. I've converted all my 3pt implements to Snap-Coupler and each has a top link BOLTED to it, so after the initial adjustment, they are '60 second' implements.
Since toplinks are usually 'set and forget', why not just buy and install. Even at $40 , it's economical and less hassles. A fancy hydraulic toplink can be used,if you have a spare remote but you still have to adjust it. Also be sure it'll handle the load of the implement.
Jay