Help finding attachments Down Under!

troy1888

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 4, 2019
Australia
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for the add,long time lurker 1st time poster. Great resource that help me decide what to buy.
I made the decision to buy a BX23s from my local dealer and to my surprise im having trouble finding somewhere to purchase attachments etc for my BX in Australia.
I have asked my Kubota dealer for contacts and he suggested i source them from USA as we don't have the demand for these products like you do in the US hence why they are hard to find if at all available here. That brings me to this post-
Im after a mechanical thumb, single tyne ripper and possibly a loader cutting blade like the Piranha.
* Does anyone from Australia know of an Aussie equivalent to 'Bxpanded'?
* To my US Mates, does anyone know of a company that would ship international with reasonable prices etc.

thanks in advance OTT Legends

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Hello Everyone,
I made the decision to buy a BX23s from my local dealer

Im after a mechanical thumb, single tyne ripper and possibly a loader cutting blade like the Piranha.
Where are you in OZ?
Im on the Sunshine Coast and have a BX23S

My unit is only a few months old and I got my thumb from the dealer who fitted it for delivery. Im in the process of upgrading it to hydraulic.

I also purchased the 3PL kit with the tractor. Im finishing up upgrading that to hydraulic as well.

Many sources for the rest at good prices.

I got my box blade with 4 rippers new for $580 from clarks. Also have a single ripper with pipe layer for $380, pallet forks cant remember how much but under $300

Upgraded the hydraulic pressure with a shim kit from the dealer.

Made my own bolt on tooth bar for the 4in1 bucket. Welded on my own hooks for the loader and BH buckets.

Welded up my own spreader bar, tow bar and mesh sieve for the bucket.

Also made a 200l bolt on sprayer. Its just a simple frame but rather than using the 3PL I used used the BH mount. The reason for this is its really quick to take the BH off and on. Putting the 3PL on takes too long. So swapping the BH for the sprayer can be done in a few minutes if not using the 3pl. The bracket is simple, it attaches to the the BH lower mount then pivots up and pins to the top link bracket. Two tabs pivot in under the BH top mount to stop it coming out at the bottom.

When I get a chance Im making a carry all using the same mounting method

Ive posted pics of most of these things if you are interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MBTRAC

Jun 4, 2019
Australia
I too am in Aus & purchased a BX23 last month - after about 20hrs I am extremely impressed by the power/ versatility of this small machine

And like the original poster also looking for a 4/1 cutting edge like the US Piranha bar - In the meantime to cut through wild olive/scrub I'm in the process of modifying some tiger teeth to fit a bolt on edge to the 4/1 & to replace the teeth on the hoe ( the standard hoe teeth struggle in my hard clay/shale)
My dealer also fitted the mechanical thumb to the hoe.
If you're looking for 3pl implements try Diesel TrAders Minto NSW- Over the years I've purchased a box blade, ripper, rotary hoe & flail mower & used them to the extreme without issues (on an Iseki) & they're all now still performing strong on the new Kubota

troy1888

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 4, 2019
Australia
Damn, upgrades are endless... this could lead to a divorce HAHA.

Some great mods there mate.
How much did the dealer charge to upgrade the hydraulics?

I probably didn't describe the attachments well but im after a back hoe single tooth ripper and back hoe thumb. Im located on the Mid North Coast NSW. Any suggestions for suppliers down this way?

Go the BLUES!!

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
You can get the thumb from your kubota dealer

For the hydraulic upgrade I just purchased the shim kit from the dealer (in my case all class). Just follow the same procedure for installing shims as on the forum. You can purchase a pressure gauge from enzed or the like and put a face face coupler on it. Otherwise get a mobile hydraulics guy out to do the pressure check. BTW the loacal mobile hydraulics guy lives next door to me so that bit was easy

If your interested in the rear remotes I can supply details and part list once im finished.

For the hydraulic thumb you just need a ram that will fit the arm. Next you add a diverter valve to the curl lines on the BH and run lines to the ram. Finally run a power line and switch on the BH. Operation is the like the 4in1 bucket diverter but on the BH curl.

For the tooth bar I purchased 5 teeth and welded them to a 10mm thick * 100mm wide flat bar. Added 2 tabs on the side to bolt to the bucket.

Same design as here but with replaceable tooth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkQTxgbVft4

If you guys really wont some I can make some more.

For the BH ripper that was on my list as well.
I have a 3m by 2m CNC plasma table. Id be happy to make more than one when I do if you guys are interested.
Did you want a quick coupler for the bucket as well or just replace the bucket?

bucket trailer hitch is here
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39792

Reactions: 1 user

troy1888

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 4, 2019
Australia
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge mate, if only i had half your skills and tools...

i'm interested in the ripper similar to the one in this picture as long as postage doesn't make it nonviable.

I don't mind swapping between the bucket and ripper with the stock setup. I don't think id swap between the two often enough to justify the quick hitch at this stage but i may change my mind after doing the swap a couple of times.

Cheers mate

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
G'Day Troy...

Sorta the same problem here in the far north west Canada. Likely more implements are available here than in OZ, but like you, shipping even across Canada as well as duty from US suppliers make implements expensive.

I'm looking for a pto wood chipper, they are available from eastern CA, but shipping to the far north west is a bugger.

Frankly, I have resorted to building my own things as much as I can. For instance a 3pt frame to bolt shanks with cultivator shovels, chisel digger points, homemade harrow sections to.

A sub soil tool is easy to build. Look at what "heavy hitch.com" offers and DIY. My homemade has worked fine for a long time.

I think you will find more stuff available made in OZ than you realize. I have seen some tillage tools from there I now have in my "to do" note book.

Good luck.. eh..

troy1888

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 4, 2019
Australia
G'day Tim,

I ordered the thumb from the dealer so thats sorted.
But i think your right, ill have to search locally for attachments the old fashion way lol.
I've only looked online and spoke to the Kubota salesman.
Unfortunately i dont have any welding skills so building my own is not an option for me at this stage.

Thanks for your help Gents.

bobcb

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 16, 2019
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi All:

I have been looking at thumb and a hitch but am also interested in 'under armor' after a suggestion from mechanic who had just changed a fan on another property. Do you guys think its needed?

Bob