Squeaky FEL

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
New 20+ plus hour l2501.Now seems to have a squeak in the front end loader when lifting anything. We are not loading anything that heavy maybe some dirt or gravel. Should not be over taxing the loader in any manner. I assume it is a cylinder but not sure how to determine it for sure. All grease fittings are greased ever 10 hours so I know it is not that. Seems like it is on the left side but hard to tell. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
New 20+ plus hour l2501.Now seems to have a squeak in the front end loader when lifting anything. We are not loading anything that heavy maybe some dirt or gravel. Should not be over taxing the loader in any manner. I assume it is a cylinder but not sure how to determine it for sure. All grease fittings are greased ever 10 hours so I know it is not that. Seems like it is on the left side but hard to tell. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
Grease and move the FEL and re-grease - sometimes the grease does not get around a pin until it is moved. Most of the grease will squirt out at the easiest place to ooze out from.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
If the suggestions in the previous posts don't solve it, call your dealer.
20 hrs makes it a newborn. Maybe it didn't get greased when assembled.

Ted1

Sep 14, 2017
Pa
Thank you for your replies. I will look at both tomorrow. It doesn't make any noise when empty. Seems to move freely. Hopefully just a grease issue. Love the tractor. Seems perfect for us. As far as the bolts I wonder if they have to be torqued to a specific foot lbs?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ted - not trying to be a smart aleck, but make sure you get all of them.
I realized I missed 1 or 2 first time did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk