B6000C Questions

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Dear Fellow(ette) Owners:

Found this website thrashing around the 'Net and found what seems like a lot of knowledge and interest.

A potential seller has offered me an opportunity to increase my mixed rolling stock but some questions have arisen. I hope there might be some answers. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1. B6000'C' variant in 4WD.

2. Waiting on SN to determine if US or 'grey' import.

3. Owner says the PTO rotates the normal direction and is successfully driving an aftermarket shredder (aka brush hog). All references I have seen indicate the PTO should be expected to turn "backwards". Any knowledge or comments about this?

4. Owner says the cooling system HAS a water pump but my research says to expect a thermosiphon system. Any comments about this setup?

5. Owner says there is NO charging system and no evident missing parts like brackets or empty bolt holes. Says he just charges the on-board battery occasionally to start it. This seems unusual. Any comments or knowledge? Are parts available to install or retrofit a Kubota or other generator?

6. Web research indicates the 3-point is non-standard but on this website the specs for 6000 call for a standard-type Cat-1 3-point. Any comments about this point?

Thanks in advance for all assistance. Maybe with a little more knowledge I can add this to the fleet as a Little Brother to some other orange iron.

/s/Stubbyie

cappys tractor

Equipment
B6000 and Husqvarna mower (hey, it's orange too!)
Jan 18, 2010
Cape Cod, Ma
1. B6000'C' variant in 4WD. I bought one.

2. Waiting on SN to determine if US or 'grey' import. if the labels, warnings, and signs are in english, it's legal'

3. Owner says the PTO rotates the normal direction and is successfully driving an aftermarket shredder (aka brush hog). All references I have seen indicate the PTO should be expected to turn "backwards". Any knowledge or comments about this? have you checked the rotation? is there a PTO reverser installed? BTW, a bush hog can run either direction. the blades are not sharp. but they depend on the weight to just beat down the brush. some rototillers can be mad eto run in reverse, by unbolting and reversing the blades. BUT. the overrunning PTO shaft does not work with the reverse PTO. So backwards running equiipment will NOT have any protection against hard hits on the drive shaft.

Check this out. what a PTO reverser looks like.
If this has one of these, its already worth about 900 bucks for resale!

4. Owner says the cooling system HAS a water pump but my research says to expect a thermosiphon system. Thermosiphon. NO waterpump.

5. Owner says there is NO charging system and no evident missing parts like brackets or empty bolt holes. Says he just charges the on-board battery occasionally to start it. This seems unusual. Any comments or knowledge? Are parts available to install or retrofit a Kubota or other generator? The hub of the fan blade houses the generator NOT the water pump! These are common to die. there are aftermarket kits to install, off to the side, using the fanbelt, an alternator.

6. Web research indicates the 3-point is non-standard but on this website the specs for 6000 call for a standard-type Cat-1 3-point. Any comments about this point? The lift arms are short, making a cat 0 3PH. but longer arms can be made wide enough to have a cat 1. Mine didnt come with arms, so the set i bought EEZin.com are long enough, just by adjusting the turnbuckles i have the best of both worlds.

I have the original backwards rototiller, a york rake and a 3PH mounted wood splitter (Northern) Runs off Hyd power, not PTO. and a FEL. Don't know how i have gotten along without one for so many years! See we do learn new tricks after all! Just made a 180 lb weightbox for the back, so i can actually lift and not skid the rear tires on the lawn.

Last edited: