66” pto snowblower for L2501?

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
I have been looking for a rear PTO snowblower for my L2501. Found a used one for sale for $1100 that is about 120 miles from me. It is a Loftness 661DTS. They say it is for a 25-60hp tractor. What issues, if any could the 24hp 2501 run into with it? New to the 3 pt snowblower attachments, my FEL takes forever to move the amt of snow I need to clear, and I have very bad wind here, so it blows back in within hours, thinking the snowblower is the solution. The dealer wants $3300 for the new land pride 64 inch, a bit too steep for my pocketbook right now.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have been looking for a rear PTO snowblower for my L2501. Found a used one for sale for $1100 that is about 120 miles from me. It is a Loftness 661DTS. They say it is for a 25-60hp tractor. What issues, if any could the 24hp 2501 run into with it? New to the 3 pt snowblower attachments, my FEL takes forever to move the amt of snow I need to clear, and I have very bad wind here, so it blows back in within hours, thinking the snowblower is the solution. The dealer wants $3300 for the new land pride 64 inch, a bit too steep for my pocketbook right now.
A snowblower will pretty much use all the power you give it so less power means go slower . As long as the TPH can lift it comfortably it will work good with your tractor.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt

As a bonus, it has an electric chute rotator also, which might be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I'd buy it and just move slower when it starts to bog down.

Keep in mind you may not have 24 hp at the PTO.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
My daughter and I took a road trip yesterday and picked up the snowblower. It is a monster. It is rated for cat one or cat 2, had to change out the mounts to cat one when I got it home, it runs fine dry, now to wait to try it in production. Just ordered a reversible toggle for the chute motor, have to install that once it comes. Here are some pics.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
My daughter and I took a road trip yesterday and picked up the snowblower. It is a monster. It is rated for cat one or cat 2, had to change out the mounts to cat one when I got it home, it runs fine dry, now to wait to try it in production. Just ordered a reversible toggle for the chute motor, have to install that once it comes. Here are some pics.

You should have good traction! One other thing, the L2501 shouldn't be very hard on it. I think you'll be happy.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

WAY too much snow blower for a 19 PTO HP tractor but with HST you can inch it along.

SDT

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
If that proves to be true, I’m sure I can sell it for more than I paid for it.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
After the first pass just take a smaller cut, maybe 3/4 width of the blower. I hav e done that many times with mine in wet heavy snow

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
I have a woodmaxx wood chopper that is supposed to require a minimum of 19 PTO hp. With 12 hours on the chipper now my l2501 has rarely bogged down with it even after throwing 8" pine logs into it. I bet you'll be surprised how well it handles that snow blower. Anyway who makes the canopy you have? Is it a kubota one?

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Like you, we have "intense" winter at times during the season.

We have an older Buhler/Allied 50" cat1 on 25pto hp...

It is 4" shorter than the wheels are wide, but that doesn't matter. If it takes an extra pass or two to clear, it doesn't have to be perfect like the manicured lawn and drive way places have.

You will soon learn speed requirements to keep it working at best capacity depending on conditions.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
I have a woodmaxx wood chopper that is supposed to require a minimum of 19 PTO hp. With 12 hours on the chipper now my l2501 has rarely bogged down with it even after throwing 8" pine logs into it. I bet you'll be surprised how well it handles that snow blower. Anyway who makes the canopy you have? Is it a kubota one?

I ordered the canopy from the dealer when I bought the tractor...

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
One downside I found is that I can’t fold the canopy back in order to get the tractor into the barn now. Going to have to figure that one out somehow..

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Snowblowers, they fascinate me, but I am appreciative I do not have to own one. :D

Apples to oranges perhaps, I bought a 60"tiller for my 2501. Mininum PTO hp requirement was 25 hp. The little 2501 handled it fine on new soil, with some roots. In tough areas I just eased up on the pedal.

Alexandraa

Jun 29, 2021
USA
I bought an Ariens Classic 24-in 208-cm Two-stage Self-propelled Gas at 800 $. I'm not willing to pay 3000 for a snowblower. If just to pay good money for the oil. Because it should be changed once in a year as this guy writes about on https://trimthatweed.com/how-to-change-oil-in-snowblower/
For this model as mine, it suitable for an Ariens 5W30 winter BLND oil 32-OZ. I don't use anything else because I'm afraid of doing something wrong. Furthermore, it's a challenge to change the oil by following each step.

Last edited:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I bought an Ariens Classic 24-in 208-cu cm Two-stage Self-propelled Gas at 800 $. I'm not willing to pay 3000 for a snowblower
Sounds like you don't have several hundred feet of driveway to snowblow. I've got the 30 inch walk behind in the basement so I can blow a path to the woodshed. I'm done spending a couple hours walking behind the thing to do the driveway, though.

robbishish

Equipment
tilling, mowing, digging, seeding,
Nov 7, 2021
canada
Before you choose a snowblower for the house or cottage, it is worth understanding their differences. There are the following types: self-propelled and non-self-propelled. The first is convenient to use because their movement requires a minimum of effort. It is optimal to use them for areas over 500 square meters. Such special equipment is effective in the work, even with a tamped snow cover. It can be found at https://www.growgardener.com/the-best-garden-tractor/.Non-propelled device must be managed manually, so this option is suitable for small areas up to 500 square meters. However, non-self-propelled devices have considerable power with small dimensions and an optimum weight of up to 35 kg, so they are easy enough to store and move in the work process.

Last edited:

Todd kellogg

Equipment
Loftness snowblower
Dec 7, 2022
Rutland,vt
As a bonus, it has an electric chute rotator also, which might be nice.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement motor for the chute rotation? Mine is spent and I don’t even know where to look to find one.

Todd kellogg

Equipment
Loftness snowblower
Dec 7, 2022
Rutland,vt
Loftness snowblower chute rotation motor. Anyone know where to find one? I need one bad and not a clue where to find one. Any help is appreciated.