L200 system voltage?

FreddyWestside

Equipment
L200
Aug 18, 2019
Brinnon, Wa
I just picked up an L200 with in generally good condition with around 1,000 hours on it, I'm expecting this to be the first of many posts,

I had it delivered to my family homestead and I wanted to add a couple of LED work lights when I'm up there next, but I realized a machine this old could be 6v. Does anybody happen to know the system voltage on this tractor or do I need to take my multimeter with me and order a different day?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
That's a bit of a collector piece right there. If you ever want to get rid of it, I think Scholten's Equipment in Lynden was looking for one to restore for display in showroom.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just picked up an L200 with in generally good condition with around 1,000 hours on it, I'm expecting this to be the first of many posts,

I had it delivered to my family homestead and I wanted to add a couple of LED work lights when I'm up there next, but I realized a machine this old could be 6v. Does anybody happen to know the system voltage on this tractor or do I need to take my multimeter with me and order a different day?
Careful what you add / alter on it, as shootem604 said, that's a collectors piece, and none altered or damaged could fetch some real good money if you wanted to sell it! ;)

FreddyWestside

Equipment
L200
Aug 18, 2019
Brinnon, Wa
I'm definitely not going to modify the tractor. It was listed as an L210p because that's the service manual the owner had for it, when I went to test it I saw that it was actually an L200 and it didn't take long on google to realize it's a rare vintage model.

It has four holes on the fenders that appear to be from the factory, I was going to use those to bolt the lights on or put them. Alternatively I'm looking into a Kubota ROPS and wouldn't feel bad about drilling a couple holes in that for an overhead light bar. I hope the ROPS is a bolt-on but I'll weld if I have to. This machine feels pretty top-heavy on slopes and the manual transmission is a little more bossy than I'm used to on newer machines; it's a working machine and safety has to come first.