Need Tracks for Kubota Skyroad

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA
Hello,

New to the board, glad to be here. Looking for the tracks for a kubota Skyroad RX1250A. I'm guessing they use the same tracks and the difference is just engine size or similar.

I'm not a heavy equipment guy and don't know a lot about this stuff so any help on figuring out the right size track, possible substitutions from other brands/models, or really anything that gets me back up and running after one of the tracks broke would be hugely appreciated.

There's a thread on this board with pics of one you can get to by googling for "Kubota Skyroad tracks" and going with the first link to Orange Tractor Talks. I would post the link but it won't let me because I'm a new member.

Many thanks,
Rich

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA
Re: Need TRacks for Kubota Skyroad

That was the link to the thread I wanted to post - thank you.

The broken track measures 109 inches from end to end or 274cm. I've looked around on the net and can't find anything with that measurement.

Am I supposed to measure the track like that (broken)? That's basically the inside circumference. Is there a different way I should measure? Sorry - I don't know much about this stuff. But if any of you need any help with Linux, I'm your guy :)

Many thanks,
Rich

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA

Ok Just saw on the internet it's width-pitch-segments.

Need to re-measure, but it is approximately 12 inches wide, 3 inch segments, and 36 segments. Sorry my Dad measured in inches.

So that should be 300mm, 76mm pitch, and 36 segments. Is there a common pitch that is close to that? The pitch measurement might be plus or minus a few millimeters.

Thanks,
Rich

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA

So I measured the tracks, and they are approx 30mm wide, 80mm pitch, and 35 segments.

I have called at least ten different track suppliers and nobody has any .

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Check along the edge of the track. There should be numbers indicating the size and brand of the track like on the side of a tire. If it's there, that would be helpful in your search. If you find it, post it. There are dozens of people making those things and the brand, Bridgestone etc., would be most helpful.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My BIL has a small, old, metal tracked excavator (the brand escapes me, but it is one I never heard of) that had worn out tracks that were no longer available. They got so loose they began slipping, so his mechanic removed one segment from each track & that got him through the job he was doing. His mechanic then spent his spare time fabricating new track segments until he had enough to assemble a new set of tracks. They worked perfectly. I'd get his name for you, but unfortunately he has since passed away. Maybe you know a fabricator/machinist?

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA
Hi guys, I got a bit of an update on this, a little progress.

I was able to get up here to my Dad's and look at the track myself, and lo and behold it had this on it:

Bridgestone 330x35x79WP

Now I think normally the second number is the pitch right? In any case, the pitch is definitely 79mm between segments, there are definitely 35 segments, and 330 is the width.

I'm calling Bridgestone industrial tomorrow, but in case they don't carry them or make them any more, anyone know where I might get them? I found one on Alibaba that claims to be this size/pitch, but I'm not sure if they will work because the originals have metal "segment holes" embedded in the rubber, and the Alibaba ones look just pure rubber. No sure if that makes any real difference except maybe how fast the segment holes wear down.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.424d6626eNlpM6

Any advice greatly appreciated. My Dad really needs this thing for hauling groceries and other necessities up and down a hill to his house.

Many thanks,
Rich

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Have you contacted a Kubota dealer? Also if you goggle "Bridgestone rubber tracks" there are several dealers to pick from, with information of how to order the tracks.

BiggvsRichardvs

Equipment
Kubota Skyroad
Apr 13, 2019
Seattle WA
Have you contacted a Kubota dealer? Also if you goggle "Bridgestone rubber tracks" there are several dealers to pick from, with information of how to order the tracks.
We've tried every supplier that comes up with a google search and every one of them says they can't get them.

Here's the funny thing, I googled for 330*79*35 rubber tracks, and I get a link to a shipping outfit that publishes their cargo manifests, and they shipped a pair of those tracks to Saudi arabia just a couple months ago from China.

So somebody out there has them.

I currently have a bid request out on Alibaba and am talking to suppliers there.