Z Max

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Shelby says his reputation is on the line, LOL!!! Wonder how much he got paid to say that? I've never used it and typically don't use additives, they tend to be a huge waste of money. Allot of these special products don't do what they imply they will do, thus, they never say you will get a specific increase in performance. What is funny is I have raced most of my life and never used all these special products, just tested different fuels and oils to see which performed the best and go with it. I would also be careful what you put where, you could easily ruin something. I did use some Slick 50 one time in one of my trucks, what a huge waste of money.:eek:

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Ahh the oil thread, it's worse than politics when among gear heads. I try to stay out of these arguments but after glancing over their website I feel the need to speak up.

[soapbox]Some people swear by these additives, some think it's snake oil. Nothing is ever cut and dry, there are always exceptions and more than one side to each story but when it comes to additives I'm in the latter camp. I glanced over the benefits page and saw several outlandish claims and a few made up words. This sentence in particular kills me.

"Our proprietary process reformulates the micro-lubricant, altering the molecular structure, creating molecules that are far smaller than those of conventional motor oils."

So your product breaks down the long polymer chains that are responsible for viscosity? Basically turning fresh oil of the correct viscosity into used oil like it's been in the engine for 300 hours? Now I'm sure the engineer that designed that stuff wasn't even consulted when that page was written and it probably doesn't do that but that's what that sentence is saying. Much like the drugs on those cheaply made diet pill commercials you won't find that stuff in me or my machines.

I'm not saying these things can't actually have a positive effect but so many of those products out there spout outlandish claims without backing it up or even providing basic information on what's in the stuff. It's nearly impossible to sort the wheat from the chaff. I'd rather let a petroleum engineer sort out the correct blend for my engine. Get your oil analyses if you have concerns about how your oil and engine are doing.[/soapbox]

Apologies, I used to work for a quick lube who made it's living off of selling stuff like this to people using shifty sales tactics. Nothing to see here, move along :)

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The only addition I'd recommend would be a thermostatically controlled oil cooler. Cool oil is happy oil.

Other than that, nothing beats fresh oil.

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
The only addition I'd recommend would be a thermostatically controlled oil cooler. Cool oil is happy oil.

Other than that, nothing beats fresh oil.
That's the key, fresh oil. Just use a good quality oil and keep it changed when it's suppose to be changed and you shouldn't have any problems.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That was not my intention :( Just courrious about this product :confused:
Oh I wasn't pointing that towards you, its just that oil, fuel and additives topic is one helluva heated debate here on OTT. I just keep doing what I've been doing with my tractor in the 10 years I've owned it. And that's just Shell Rotella-T oil and highway diesel fuel in my tractor. It's been working well for me the last 10 years so why change a good thing? I have an older B6100E, exact year I dont know cause I bought it used from my dealer and as far as I know all thats ever been it is was motor oil and diesel.