What will happen if guns get banned?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Guns were banned from commercial airlines pre 9-11 yet terrorists still managed to take over and weaponize airplanes using.......boxcutters

Yep, bad guys will find a way.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Reminds me of how stupid the Feds truly are.

Across the country, after 911, the airport security drones took pocket knives from passengers and then went for lunch inside security where the restaurant folks were carving up meat with KNIVES! OMG! KNIVES? One awesome Mexican place I used to frequent in Sacramento came out and flat told them, "NO KNIVES=NO FOOD" The feds finally went away.

They took pocket knives and even eye glass screwdrivers away from pilots even though we had a razor sharp "Vulcan" crash axe on the wall of the cockpit.

One of the biggest impediments to safety and security in this great country is the very government we think is working in our behalf. Time and again, this is proven wrong.

In a year, people will look upon the 2nd Amendment for the reasons which it was placed in our Constitution. It's importance will become crystal clear. Stay patient and stay alert.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Funny you should bring that up,, I know a bunch that were on the freedom bird back from the middle east they were marched on in fighting gear, packs inthe over head, never checked or xrayed, but they had to give up NAIL CLIPPERS. Never mind that they had a plane loaded with trained killers, but by gawd they got their NAIL CLIPPERS

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Brother Skeets,

That's a popular story -and TRUE!

Once, before 9-11, I stupidly signed up for a late-nite charter. We flew to some place like Louisville and at midnite, we loaded up about 130 sleepy servicemen and women for a haul out to Norton, in SoCal. They all had backpacks, big box lunches, -and M-16's. That is more than the usual "two carry-on items." And the latter won't fit in the sizing box.

These folks were half asleep when we pulled in and they just wanted to get on and go back to sleep. Two minutes in the seats and these guys are toast. The flight attendant is doing her PA, "Make sure your backpacks go in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you AND MAKE SURE THE MACHINE GUNS ALL GO IN BETWEEN THE SEAT FRAME LEGS UNDER YOUR SEAT!! EVERYBODY PLEASE LISTEN UP! NO MACHINE GUNS IN THE OVERHEAD BIN! THEY COULD FALL OUT AND HURT SOMEBODY! ALL THE GUNS HAVE TO GO UNDER THE SEATS!!!"

What a total clusterdance. The aisle is full of people but to get the rifles through the seat frames, you have to thread them across the aisle, one at a time, three guns per row.

LOL... Fortunately for the girls, we got it all sorted out and the whole plane was snoring until we hit the ground at Norton. As I remember, nobody got killed or even injured.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Guns were banned from commercial airlines pre 9-11 yet terrorists still managed to take over and weaponize airplanes using.......boxcutters

Yep, bad guys will find a way.

Hello,

Indeed,
Criminals, drug barons will always find a way,

But what about school kids?
Frustrated ex school kids?

Do you need half automatic or automatic 20-100 patron guns for self protection,
Or would sixguns do as well?

Out of record:
I was in the army for 456 days, drafted, in 1981, our job was to guard nuclear heads for Lance missiles, the camp was in Grossengstingen, the max reach of a Lance missile was 120 km, the nearest eastern block countries borders were 400 km away...

I'd never allow a gun in my house,
The robber, criminal, bandit knows to handle his gun better then the surprised shocked normal citizen,
So for me having a gun makes the risk of being hurt bigger, not smaller.

Regards

Robert

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Hello,

Indeed,
Criminals, drug barons will always find a way,

But what about school kids?
Frustrated ex school kids?

Do you need half automatic or automatic 20-100 patron guns for self protection,
Or would sixguns do as well?

Out of record:
I was in the army for 456 days, drafted, in 1981, our job was to guard nuclear heads for Lance missiles, the camp was in Grossengstingen, the max reach of a Lance missile was 120 km, the nearest eastern block countries borders were 400 km away...

I'd never allow a gun in my house,
The robber, criminal, bandit knows to handle his gun better then the surprised shocked normal citizen,
So for me having a gun makes the risk of being hurt bigger, not smaller.

Regards

Robert
Youre in Germany Im in the US. We have a Constitution here that guarantees the people have ultimate power not the government. The 2nd amendment was put in place so we the people could overthrow a tyrannical government with bloodshed if necessary. Our Declaration of Independence outlines just this.

Also we can defend ourselves against robbers, criminals and bandits. Most of us have been raised around guns and are just as if not more proficient in their use as the bad guys.

So for us having guns it makes the risk of being hurt smaller and gives us the FREEDOM to defend ourselves and our families against robbers or bad government.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You must not know or have contact with many criminals.
Virtually every gun owner I know can out perform the average criminal by orders of magnitude, under any conditions. That is because we are aware, we train, get instruction, practice, and plan.
I personally used to be friends with a weapons instructor for the Phoenix police academy. We slowly drifted apart because he resented the fact that I could outshoot him with virtually any weapon, at any range, under widely varied conditions.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bill,

There are those who say and those who do. What is the old saying, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." Lol...

Some of the least proficient firearms users are those in law enforcement. We heard that repeatedly from our range instructors. They had seen it all. When you got a compliment from those guys, it was well earned and appreciated.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have to respect Robert's choice not to own guns. As Clint would say " A man's got to know his limitations" That being said I just can't imagine being without my guns after a life time of having them for hunting, target practice and home protection.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My wife retired from the AF after 20 years. Never really liked shooting because she hates "cleaning" guns. Not the mechanical type. But, even she has said more than once lately that no one will take our guns. My daughter from GA, recently visiting, echoed the same thought.

Fentanyl kills four times a many Americans as guns do. It comes through our southern border. Heard any folks trying to close up that cow fence? Wonder why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsaWpeCj98

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I'm a Canadian without the guarantees of the 2nd amendment, but I still have an innate, inherent, God-given right to self defence. Even if police response times were 90 seconds, or 30 seconds, I can and will protect myself and my family from harm. I have rifles, pistols, and shotguns stored safely and legally while allowing quick access, my wife and I both know how to use them. In 10 years living in this rural area, I have been justified in deploying a firearm in at least 4 instances on my property to deal with criminals - this judgement based on my training and experience as a peace officer and as a soldier. Probably 3 times as many instances to deal with natural predators.

If guns get banned, I'll still have weapons.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
I have to respect Robert's choice not to own guns. As Clint would say " A man's got to know his limitations" That being said I just can't imagine being without my guns after a life time of having them for hunting, target practice and home protection.
agreed ^^^^^^

i totally respect Roberts decision to not have firearms in his home or on his person.

its HIS COHICE.

same here: its MY CHOICE to have firearms & firearms training for everyone in my family, household & even friends if they are gonna be around.

what most of the people NOT in the US dont get is actually pretty simple. Ive got lots of Canadian friends & we had this discussion at length many times over.

an example of why its different in the US than Canada?

population of Canada: 37million

population of Commiefornia alone: 39 million

its just a numbers game. we have more people in a state than they have in a country... & they are in close proximity of each other in our states.

If you put the entire population of Canada into 1 province? that crime rate will be similar.

as someone who has been slashed in a knife fight & been shot at by a gun?

pretty sure id rather be shot than slashed again.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
I'm a Canadian without the guarantees of the 2nd amendment, but I still have an innate, inherent, God-given right to self defence. Even if police response times were 90 seconds, or 30 seconds, I can and will protect myself and my family from harm. I have rifles, pistols, and shotguns stored safely and legally while allowing quick access, my wife and I both know how to use them. In 10 years living in this rural area, I have been justified in deploying a firearm in at least 4 instances on my property to deal with criminals - this judgement based on my training and experience as a peace officer and as a soldier. Probably 3 times as many instances to deal with natural predators.

If guns get banned, I'll still have weapons.

want to commend you fro bringing the other point that guns are NOT illegal in Canada as long as you go thru the proper channels.

certain types of guns are & your ammo is tightly controlled.... but guns are still available to you.

we have many Canadian gunbuilders on our website. all LEGAL, all good people.

:D

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I was watching the news one night. The lead story was about someone being shot and killed. The second story was the call for gun control. Story number three was about a man beaten to death with a bicycle chain. The next story was concerning the death of another man who lost his life to a man with a sock and a rock. Nobody was calling for the banning of bike chains, socks or rocks. Go figure.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What is the old saying, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." Lol...
And those who can't teach teach teachers.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Same with some in the FAA...

There are a few great Aviation Safety Inspectors (ASI) but there are a load of turds. A bunch of these guys could not get jobs with air carriers due to experience or personality flaws and they are now acting in the public's behalf telling pilots what is safe and what is not. Many of these "inspectors" have only a couple hours of actual flight time in heavy jets. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ray, I have a friend who's career is with the FAA is a tech (don't know his exact title) who is about to retire. He tells me all the time how (what I call incompetent) his co-workers are. They don't want to actually work, but spend time visiting when on site to get a specific job done. They do not know how to test equipment, they just replace circuit boards. The problem goes up through management, in my opinion.

The airlines industry is in trouble as far as landing equipment maintenance quality control is concerned.

As a side note, when I had that Hobart welder with all the mud dobbers in it, and the idle circuit didn't work. I drew up a schematic and showed it to him. He came by and in 10 minutes he determined a resister was bad, replaced it and it was working fine! If on a government job, you don't replace a resistor, you replace the board. That's $250 please!

But their boards are sometimes $10,000. Then they send them to someplace to get rebuilt, I think.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Approximately 30 years ago, I had some A-hat hold a revolver to the side of my head in Chincoteage VA. I had nothing to do with the cause for his actions. But somehow, he found me guilty by association. I was forced (at gun point) to drive this jerk wad around Wallops Island VA looking for classmates of mine that evidently, did him wrong. Of course, he was highly intoxicated.

I had a pair of nunchakas in my drivers side door and was seriously contemplating smashing this guys skull in with them...but could I get it done before he pulled the trigger? I figured I'd lose. I was 21 at the time, and quite proficient in martial arts.

After about an hour of this, I was able to get him calmed down and get his revolver put away. I never pressed charges. I didn't relish the thought of having to spend more time down there in court.

I bought my first revolver (GP100) as soon as I got back home to PA. I haven't been out in public without a sidearm since. Wherever/whenever possible.

So, you all can decide for yourselves whatever it is that makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but don't think for a minute that you can decide for me.

You do you...and I'll do me.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
So, you all can decide for yourselves whatever it is that makes you feel warm and fuzzy, but don't think for a minute that you can decide for me.
Well said.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
That is what makes America great: The option to have guns or not. Your decision to protect yourself and your family is your decision to make, except in states where that decision has been taken away from you, in clear violation of your constitutional rights. The voters in those states are responsible for allowing that action by their elected officials.