Help please: Loader lifting slowly, unless "lift and dump" selected.

sportscarclinic

Equipment
B2150 w/LA350A and BT750 - B6000 w/S6000 - B7100 - B7200 w/B1630
Apr 11, 2017
Portland, OR
The LA350 front loader on my B2150 has worked fine for years, but this Spring I'm having problems. It's lifting really slowly, and whether there's weight in the bucket doesn't seem to matter. It curls and dumps as usual. I've swapped around hydraulic lines on the spool valve without any change.

However, the loader raises at least twice as fast, if I push the control stick to the lower right to "lift and dump".

I'm assuming this is an issue in the spool valve, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The LA350 front loader on my B2150 has worked fine for years, but this Spring I'm having problems. It's lifting really slowly, and whether there's weight in the bucket doesn't seem to matter. It curls and dumps as usual. I've swapped around hydraulic lines on the spool valve without any change.

However, the loader raises at least twice as fast, if I push the control stick to the lower right to "lift and dump".

I'm assuming this is an issue in the spool valve, but any advice would be much appreciated.
Not in the valve but likely with the owner:)

I assume the loader was removed and then reinstalled this spring.

How many lines did you disconnect to remove the loader? 4 or more?

Likely you have a hose or more in the wrong place.

Dave

sportscarclinic

Equipment
B2150 w/LA350A and BT750 - B6000 w/S6000 - B7100 - B7200 w/B1630
Apr 11, 2017
Portland, OR
Thanks for the idea. Actually, I did was check for proper line routing because that was my first thought as well.

It turned out to be the valve on the distribution block that turns flow to the loader on and off. It was safety wired 'open' by the former owner, but evidently not fully open at all. It was also seized in that position by now. I can't explain why it worked before. Possibly it was always about half open, and a bit of crud got caught in the restriction. Anyway, it works great now.

Something else I noticed while trying everything I could think of to find clues: the loader worked much faster with the three point lever pulled all the way up, i.e., engine working against load from pump, but the bucket wouldn't lower until I first removed the load from the three point by lowering the lever.

Maybe someone will chime in an tell me that there's another issue based on these conditions.